my appointment

roseanimal

Reaction score
I had my doctor's appointment today and it went well. I didn't have to cry or anything!! :rotfl: even though hubby told me to if i needed to! :D anyway as soon as I said af hadn't shown up since november he said he'd give me tablets. oh needs to get a sample in first though so in a couple weeks i should have my tablets (to make me ovulate)

oh not too impressed - well he was fine til he found out he couldn't have sex or anything for a few days. what's the best number of days for him to 'store up'? he is hopping mad :evil:

Glad it all went well. Is he giving you Clomid? Will that sort out your cycle lengths so you have a regular(ish) cycle from now on?

Good luck hun :hug:

You need to abstain from nookie for 3 days prior to giving a sample. Glad it went well though huni and I hope that tablets sort your cycle out. :hug:

dont know to be honest he didn't say what tablets. he was just like "i can give you tablets to make you make eggs and release them. will we give it a go?" and i just said yes please - didn't even wonder what it was until after :doh:

hopefully it will be all sorted soon though

oh and another 2 people i know are pregnant :roll:

Yay for a good doc appt; not so yay for your 'hopping mad' dh. Not sure how long he has to 'hold it', but hope for both of your sakes that it's not too long! :hug:

you have to abstain for at least 3 days but no longer than 7 days, my oh is having his on the 24th, good luck.x

he's fine really, he told me to write that he was hopping mad but he's ok.

obviously he'd rather not wait though! he's been lovely and giving me hugs. :hug:

lol he will be fine! it just gives them a chance to get his count right, its only a few days then its back to normal.x

Thats great news hun :) like the girls said no nookie for 3 days but no longer than 5 days
my doctor said to me 3 days is enough longer than that and the sperm start to die off crazy isnt it.
I think he is going to give you tablets called clomid the word for them is called clomphiene spelt it wrong lol
This makes you produce lots of eggs and then they will bring you in for 2 scans to see how many follicels
you have produced thesa are what your eggs are in. Going by the size of them they can work out
when you will ovulate :) This is when they will give you a hcg injection which makes the egg mature
and this way they can pin point your ovulation tell you to go away and have sex or may offer you iui
which is artificial insemenation they insert dhs sperm in you by a thin tube.

Side effects of clomid are hot flushes and mood swings but who cares if you get lots of chucky eggs :wink:
i had a go of thesa a few yrs back and they do work they make you produce lots of eggs :) :hug:

yay thats great news- thats u and melsie hopefully sorted- just me to go and i'm so hoping the doctor will give me something tuesday!!! :cheer:
xxx

When do you start taking the pills ~ is it from now or do you have to wait until af shows up?

I can't believe you're into triple figures on this cycle! :hug:

Hello everyone,

I can "trump" that by being on day 136 today! Any advance on 136??
My last period was beginning of October but my doctor said that as long as I have 2 per year, they are not worried. Hmm, got one more week to go till my hospital appointment- see what they say, hopefully give me some medication. Don't have diagnosis of pcos or anything yet but then what else could it be?

How do you get those clever little counters at the bottom of your posts? I just keep count in my diary?

Hello everyone,

My last period was beginning of October but my doctor said that as long as I have 2 per year, they are not worried. Hmm, got one more week to go till my hospital appointment- see what they say, hopefully give me some medication. Don't have diagnosis of pcos or anything yet but then what else could it be?

How do you get those clever little counters at the bottom of your posts? I just keep count in my diary?

looey82 said:
Hello everyone,

136!!! :shock: OMG! How can your dr be ok with you only having 2 periods a year? Hope all goes well at the hospital hun :hug:

The counters are tickers, there are various places you can get them from, mine's from Lilypie ~ just google it. You just cut and paste the BB url code into your signature in the user control panel profile and there you have it!

to get another appointment a week after his sample. not sure about waiting until af - think he'll give me something to bring it on if i need her first.

the ticker at the bottom is from fertility friend website where we do our charts. (link under counter)

If you haven't joined fertility friend already I'd really recommend it, it's so useful - and it's free to join!

hi looey glad to see ur back!!! really feel for u aswell- i think once u go over 100 days u should get a medal! (my longest was 102!) good luck to u at the hospital and rose on dhs tests. :hug:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back