My amazing shrinking bump

Jen1232

Reaction score
Hi All.

Advice please. I have noticed that my bump keeps changing size. I can wake up and feel really big then halfway trough the day it seems to go down. The other hand I feel bigger at night and by morning it looks smaller.

Still at the 'not sure if she is pregnant or had to much to eat phase'

Has anyone else had this? Is there a reason why I am worried my baby is not growing enough.

Thanks

I have this all the time! My stomach is quite small in the morning, but gets bigger as the day progresses. One morning I thought my stomach looked that small that I was looking under the bed clothes to see if the baby had fallen out in my sleep (ridiculous I know!).
Because the baby is still quite small at this stage it can hide and therefore we don't look as pregnant, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.
Have you had your 20 week scan yet? I've got mine in 2 weeks. They'll be able to put your mind at rest! x

I know it is silly, I have my scan booked in for this coming Monday. Hopefully it will all be ok.

Honestly, I'm sure everything is doing what it should be!
I'm at the awkward fat stage, desperate for a proper baby belly! x

I know I'm not as far as you, but for me at the moment its hardly any bump in the morning which gradually gets bigger through the day - I think its mostly down to bloating for me, but also it changes depending on baby's position x

I'm at the awkward fat stage too, mine is fat when I'm sitting but looks like a bit of a wobbly bump when standing/walking around :)

I get that too!! One day i feel huge and the next i am sure that i've shrunk! xx

I'm at the awkward fat stage too, mine is fat when I'm sitting but looks like a bit of a wobbly bump when standing/walking around :)

I'v been laughing to myself as I go to the gym a couple of times per week and I keep thinking that people must be confused that although I go to the gym, I seem to be getting fatter! I'm not the best advert for the gym :D x

Last edited:
I am glad it is not just me! Thanks for the replies.

I found that up until about 2 weeks ago I just looked like I'd packed on a few pounds! Then all of a sudden a 'real' bump emerged. I wouldn't worry though - even now I have days where I look bigger than others :) x

I'm totally the same, I stand up and I look like I have a tiny baby bump, but I sit down and I just have fat rolls over my jeans... Then I lie down and I have a flat tummy but it's kinda hard depending on where she's lying aha. :')

So frustrating! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back