my 21 week scan .... updated with pic

samanthajayne

Reaction score
hey all just thought i'd share with you that i had my 21 week scan and my little one is very active and healthy and growing well.

i have to admit i really wanted a girl and after looking on the internet and doing the internet gender test which came back 80% girl i was a little disappointed to find that the baby is of course a boy so i guess its another yey for team blue :dance:

deep down i think i knew it was a boy and i am happy about it because he is very active and looks fine and thats all that matters. all my family and my bf have been convinced its a girl. my bf has a son already and unfortunately he is very upset that he isn't getting a daughter and said he was going to have a cry later tonight which has really upset me because he hasn't paid much attention to my pregnancy so far and i think finding out its a boy is just going to make it worse now. he said he will love him just the same i just hope he does.

another yey for team blue :dance:

and here is my little man ... fingers crossed he doesn't get my bf's nose and ears though hehe

just click on the pic to enlarge :D

I'm sorry to hear your OH hasn't taken it so great. I can understand the initial disappointment, maybe this might get you both talking in the future about having another... There's still hope for your little girl :hug:

In the mean time though, congratulations on your son!! :cheer: Glad he is ok and all snug in there still :D

Hi,

Great to hear your scan went well and congratulations on your little boy! Your OH will come around, and he'll fall in love for sure when he meets the little man.

Glad your scan went well and baba is nice and lively!

Im sure once the baba is born you and your partner will forget that you even wanted a girl xx

I'm glad all went well with your scan and congratulations on your son :cheer: . OH will come around, men can be a little insensitive.

Alex xxx

thankyou all i am so pleased the scan went well. my family are more pleased that he is a boy and i really do hope my bf comes around because its his son too and he is a really good dad to his 9yr old son. worries me to know that if abortions or the morning after pill at this stage were still available he would be pushing me towards that as at the moment he really does not want to know and keeps telling people that there is good news and bad news. good news its healthy bad news its a boy. i know its not what we all expected but my god he is healthy and happy everything is the right size and in the right places. things could have been a lot worse just wish he could see it that way. i just feel so grateful to have a healthy baby and i love him so much already and can't wait to meet him now :D

anyway enjoy the pic i have just uploaded :D

:hug: :hug: Don't worry I'm sure when LO pops out he will be overjoyed! :hug: :hug:

Trhey next time for a girl, I was a bit uoset my first child was a boy but i was thrilled when he was born and I tried for a girl next time using techniques that are meant to help concieve a girl. And now i have a princess :D

Aww, I'm sure your OH will come round - make sure he knows that he's so lucky to have a healthy baby and the sex really isn't important xxx

Trhey next time for a girl, I was a bit uoset my first child was a boy but i was thrilled when he was born and I tried for a girl next time using techniques that are meant to help concieve a girl. And now i have a princess :D

Aww, I'm sure your OH will come round - make sure he knows that he's so lucky to have a healthy baby and the sex really isn't important xxx

I understand his dissapointment at first but he should come round and get excited at the idea of a little boy.
I hope he comes round to the idea soon chick.

And a big CONGRATS on team blue.

I understand his dissapointment at first but he should come round and get excited at the idea of a little boy.
I hope he comes round to the idea soon chick.

And a big CONGRATS on team blue.

CONGRATS

go for a wander around the baby boys clothes aisles in shops.
I was convinced i was having a boy and so i fell in love with SO many boys clothes, there are some lovely bits out there!
It turned out i'm having a girl but i still love boys clothes! Lol.

CONGRATS

go for a wander around the baby boys clothes aisles in shops.
I was convinced i was having a boy and so i fell in love with SO many boys clothes, there are some lovely bits out there!
It turned out i'm having a girl but i still love boys clothes! Lol.

Aww this is one of my worries my OH so badly wants a girl and because of so many baby boys in our family at moment practially all my family is hoping for a girl so sods law it will be a boy and I dont want anyone to be disapointed over it cause its still our first baby together and an amazing thing boy or girl, it must be really hard to know your partner isnt too happy with babies sex but im sure he will come around.

My Dad has his 5th baby on the way but his wifes 1st he has 3 girls and a boy already and I personally was very pleased to find I was having another brother to get to have 2 of each but my Dad was very disapointed as he wanted another girl (apparently like me :D :rotfl: ) but he has come round to idea now and I know he will dote on his new son when he arrives but I do feel sorry for his wife who was probably feeling bad he didnt get the sex he wanted but at time excited about her first born and finding out it was a boy and wanting to celebrate but with my dad feeling down about it not really able to.
Once that gorgeous baby comes I dont think the sex will mater one way or other!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back