MW appointment & Contractions - is this it??

Geminiblue

Reaction score
OK this is what happened today....

Went to MW appointment, I mentioned baby movement reduced. They monitored me.

... left side number was babies heart beat which was all fine, the right side number was pressure change ...:oooo:

Basically, the right hand side numbers increased when I could feel period type pains. This happened at regular intervals...4 in 10 minutes.

So I questioned the MW saying "this is contractions right?" she said well erm no not really we only go by what pain youre in and the colour to you face....I was like "er yes...youre watching for active labor, but could this be the start" and she was like "well you could leave here and your waters break or it could go another week or so"

What do you girls think? I think its early labor as they are regular and some pain

I've been having the same for over a week now but it's not doing anything to my cervix so far. The doc at triage did an internal on me cos I was having regular tightenings that were taking my breath away. I also had backache all day with it. It seems to have slowed down now and I just get them irregularly but I one day I literally was having tightenings every 3-5 mins for approx 45-70 secs. They said it it's prob my body getting ready and maybe something irritated my uterus like something I'd eaten. I started with loose bowel movements the following day and i thought that was a sign that things were starting but it wasnt for me unfortunately! My cervix was tightly closed, no sign of labour :(

After a couple of days of rest, eating well and drinking lots of fluids its seemed to ease a little. Although I'm sat here with horrendous back pain!

2 weeks before my 1st was due i was monitored and was having contractions every 5 mins and he ended up being 11 days overdue

Fingers crossed that its the start for you :) x x

Theyre 4 tightenings in 10 minutes...but I think youre all right..... it could be later couldnt it :-( oh pants, I got a bit excited ha ha :)

Ill chill my beans and put it to the back of my mind, although I have called my husband and asked him to get home earlier as I am really tired. But he is the master of under exaggeration and takes everything in his horizontal way so he wont be back before 7.30pm anyway. Bloody pants

I would still call triage and get it checked tbh and monitor baby for a little bit for your own peace of mind - made me feel a little better as I was panicking that I was dilating as I'm due an elective section this time so they don't want me to labour. I was told to take a couple of paracetamol, have a warm bath, a litle something to eat and drink some water and see how I go. If your still having them after that I'd get checked. I still was but for me turned out to be nothing :(

When they are painful no matter why you do you know it's the real deal!

yeah I agree, I think because with my little boy I wasnt monitored last minute, I just went into labor so I didnt really notice any change or tightenings etc....its being on here that makes you more concious of your body and whats happening doesnt it :)

Anyway, so when the monitored me yesterday they werent bothered and neither was I really at the time, but my mum and best friend keep getting excited...I got a text from my mum this morning detailing her day so I would know where she was ha ha bless her. I was like "its OK nothings happening, nothings progressed". I dont do being patient ha ha

Was running around B&Q after Jude this morning trying to buy curtain poles for new house and was getting massive waves then, but as soon as I stop it stops. Think we are going to be some time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back