Mum's using powder dispensers.

NIE

Reaction score
How are you drying them after sterilizing? (It's the Tommee Tippee ones)

as far as i was aware you do not need to sterilise them as the milk you are putting into them is not sterile. I do not put the dispensers i into the bottle if it has water in though cos it then touches the water, but if you use water from a flask it would be ok to put it in the bottle :)

The powder itself isn't sterile, so the holder doesn't need to be. So it's best to use water that's above 70C to destroy any bacteria that may be present when making up the formula.

nikkif said:
as far as i was aware you do not need to sterilise them as the milk you are putting into them is not sterile. I do not put the dispensers i into the bottle if it has water in though cos it then touches the water, but if you use water from a flask it would be ok to put it in the bottle :)

I usually store the water in the bottles therefore I need to steralize the dispensers.

I am using kitchen roll to dry the inside of the dispensers so that I can put the powder in.

NIE said:
nikkif said:

I usually store the water in the bottles therefore I need to steralize the dispensers.

I am using kitchen roll to dry the inside of the dispensers so that I can put the powder in.

you'd only need to sterilise the container if the formula had come into contact with water - because its just dry in the dispenser it doesn't need sterilising. Its no different to the formula being in the formula container to it being in the powder dispenser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back