Mums of children with allergies/intolerances

Eveadel

Reaction score
Just wondered how you got it tested?

I think Isabella is allergic to dairy? She has ezcema and was told when she was 7/8 months that she was intolerant to cows milk after about 2 months we introduced diary back into her diet and she was ok. Her skin has recently really flared up.

I now give her Soya milk, Im not quite sure whether that is ok?

We are seeing a dermatologist privately on Monday.

Sorry hun; have no help but just wanted to say I hope all went ok today and that you got some answers :hug:

i saw Piedatriccain about a milk intolerence with Dylan i was advised to introduce slowly and it seems to work for me but his was more vomitting than excma
hope your appt went well

Hiya

The appt went well. I can say that 'money does talk', going private I feel that everthing was explained so much more and she will be monitored rather than sort of get on with it.

It is very likely she is allergic to cows milk and eggs which will only be confirmed once she has had a blood test.

We have a different range of lotions & potions and have been given excellent advice on how to manage it.

She is not allowed to go swimming at the mo which is a pain in the bum as I have booked her a block of baby swimming classes.

Tia was intolerant to lactose as a baby... It was something left over from when she contracted meningitis. But it presented itself in vomiting and diarrhoea if she had anything that had the remotest amount of lactose in it. Occasionally if she got a huge does without us realising it (she was given a custard cream once by her nan :roll:), she have skin rashes too but these would fade in 24 hours or if she was given antihistamines..

She grew out of it in the end, when she was about 5... but from 9 months to 5 years we had to keep a strict eye on everything that contained lactose. Even now we have to keep an eye on how much dairy produce she consumes in a day as it can give her an icky tummy if she eats too much...

Its really hard work having to monitor all the food so I really feel for you... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Even if your LO isn't allergic, its very likely that she has an intolerance from what you've explained. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back