Mother's outrage after film of her giving birth turns up on EastEnders

Wobbles

Reaction score
Emma Bailey, 35, had allowed the birth of her son Dominic to be filmed for an educational charity – but was horrified when the footage appeared as part of a controversial storyline about teenage pregnancy and abortion in the BBC soap!

....... Ian Beale persuading his pregnant teenage daughter Lucy to watch a DVD about childbirth to encourage her to terminate her pregnancy.

Read More ....

I can't believe a complaint favoured the BBC, she shoudl have been able to sue for this.

Thoughts?

Thats awful!! If you give your consent for a charity to use it then just a charity shoukd use it, not for it to be given to anyone!! I'd go mad knowing it's been leaked out to someone else then viewed by 8 million people!! I'd defently try to sue!

Yer but not only did that happen but they used her precious video given for support to be used in a story that called it a 'gore-fest'.

What an awful thing to have happen! I can't imagine how violated she must feel especially with them using it in a storyline like that! Can you imagine having your birth video used in a storyline to highlight why a young girl SHOULD have an abortion?! I'd be suiing them too!

I read this the other day and though it was awful to be used in a soap with such a story line!

I remember watching that episode. Its shocking that it was leaked!

i would be fuming!! but then again i would NEVER let anyone film me, let alone giving birth, i hate hearing my voice back and seeing every ugly side of me, lol. but yeah, that's just me. she should deffo be able to sue. xx

:( Surely this isn't right, how awful :(

"The TV show obtained the film of the birth last December, when Miss Bailey agreed in principle that the footage could be handed over to ­EastEnders producers who said they were interested in using it in what they called an ‘educational and non-contentious manner’."

I would be horrified too if it was me but to be fair I would not agree to the footage being given to the producers of Eastenders, surely she knew Eastenders is not an educational show!

"The TV show obtained the film of the birth last December, when Miss Bailey agreed in principle that the footage could be handed over to *EastEnders producers who said they were interested in using it in what they called an ‘educational and non-contentious manner’."

I would be horrified too if it was me but to be fair I would not agree to the footage being given to the producers of Eastenders, surely she knew Eastenders is not an educational show!

yeah thats what i was thinking!! x

Thats horrible, id be livid! How did it go in favour of BBC!?

That is disgusting, surely they should get in a lot of trouble for passing on that video without the ownders consent?

"The TV show obtained the film of the birth last December, when Miss Bailey agreed in principle that the footage could be handed over to ­EastEnders producers who said they were interested in using it in what they called an ‘educational and non-contentious manner’."

she did give consent for it to be given to Eastenders.

she did give consent for it to be given to Eastenders.

Well then she is a silly woman :x She don't have a leg to stand on.

I know, its an odd thing to consent to if youre going to get outraged about it. personally i wouldnt let OH get the camcorder out until after LO was born :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back