mother and baby groups

Hele

Reaction score
Has anyone been to a mother and baby group yet?

I am thinkng of going to one next Tues but it says it's an hour and a half long!! Not sure my LO will behave for that long!! They say they have a speaker so i'm guessing that they speak for a short period of time and then you are free to chat to other mums/the health visitor?

i went to baby groups and they are a really good way of meeting new mums and gaining some support outside of the immediate family and good for baby to mix with other children x

thanks for your reply. was it all quite relaxed and informal? xx

I go sometimes, but my local group is really really cliquey, and some of the women are so rude, I just can't be doing with it.

it's 1.5 hours too, but it's drop in so you can get there whenever and stay however long you like. My LO usually is asleep so we don't make it, but when we do sometimes we are there for an hour, sometimes 20 mins before he start getting upset coz he's tired.

I do try to take him when I can though because I know it's really good for him. We haven't been for the last 3 weeks though because the last 2 times we went we both caught a cold! We both had 2 colds within a month! Gah lol xxx

THanks for your reply, I might give it a go next week. xx

I go to tiny tumbles where we have circle time where the lady sings and we join in then we go off for soft play and get to chat to other mums I love it and so does my LO its good for both of us. :) I'd def go if I was you it gets you out of the house and you can make new friends :)

definatly try and go hun, ive been going to baby groups since my LO was 3 months old and she loves it, it's also nice to get out and meet other mum's with babies/toddlers the same age xx

very informal we went to the sure start one as its the closest to us and all the workers are really nice and u meet loads of new friends x

thanks girls, I think I'll definately try to get there next week xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back