Mother and baby groups

Kelly G

Reaction score
Olivia and i went to our first mother and bab group today called Rhyme Tyme!

My neighbour who has an 8 month old little boy has been asking me to go for ages and i have always said it isn't my thing as i am quite shy when it comes to meeting new people!

Anyway we went today and it was great Olivia loved it and everyone was friendly, we will definatly be going back next week

And its only 50p a session to cover drinks, biscuits and paint and things :D

That sounds great Kelly. I am like you too and was worried about going to places as I get shy initially but once I got settled in I was ok.

I think they do one like the one you went to in our local library but I haven't been yet. I thought Isabelle might be a bit too young but may think about it soon if you've been.

Tan x

It was really good they do baby rhyme tyme and toddler rhyme tyme!

There wasnt too many people there and a few children had started walking over christmas to they are grduating to toddler next week!

They sang a welcome song and then some nursery rhymes and then they get toys out and they sometimes get to paint so they can do pictures for the walls in the clinic!

Oviouslt they are too small to paint properly so most of the mums just let them do hand and foot prints!

i take both of mine to mother and baby groups 2 mornings a weeks, and sophie just started a preschool playgrp which she goes to 2 mornings a week and i leave her there. I think these groups are great cos its letting the kids learn about sharing and playing with other etc.

Thats great! Im glad you enjoyed yourself.

Thea and I are going to start going to some different things soon. Mom and baby Builder gyn class is one of them lol

Im glad you and Olivia had a good time Kelly!

When Zac gets a bit older im going to take him to a similar thing, these sessions always seem daunting and nerve wracking and I think id feel a bit shy like you but am definately going to give it a go!

Jaidy. you can get groups that are aimed for first time mums with newborn babies too.
they are real nice i took Dior to one it was nice to compair things and give each other tips as its hard with your first

dionne said:
Jaidy. you can get groups that are aimed for first time mums with newborn babies too.
they are real nice i took Dior to one it was nice to compair things and give each other tips as its hard with your first

Really? Thanks for that Dionne, I never knew.

How do I find out about these? Im seeing the health visitor monday, should I ask her?

go to

http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk/index.asp

put your postcode in
then childcare search
then tick toddler groups at the bottom

most might be toddler groups but a few of the newborn ones came up for my area. also the clinic where you will get Zac weighed might do one?
at the group i go to its from birth - 4yrs and there are a few newborns there just for all the mums to chat

this is a great site too

www.netmums.co.uk

put in your area, there is a notice board just have a look for that lets you no all the latest baby things going on.
and there is a meet a mum section which is good :)

type in google for newborn classes in your area.

i went to one once but i got looked on as i was dirt as i am a young mummy

I go to one once a week and Isabella loves it. We have two rooms, one for babies up to about 1 year and then the toddler room, I go in both as I have friends with babies and toddlers. I like going and taking Isabella and she loves seeing the toddlers playing

The one that i goto do a toddler one to but that is on a thursday, they graduate to that when they are walking or when they turn one if you want to take them then!

I know what you mean sarah!

I had Brooke when i was just 17, i took her to playgroups, and other things but the other parents didnt tend to speak to me, it felt as if they where talking about me as they would whisper a lot and i could feel them all looking at me! It made me feel akward and it upset me and made me feel bad for having her so young but i told myself that young mums can be just as good as older mums if not better!

It put me off for life i think thats why i wasn't sure about going!

A mum here asked me if i wanted anymore children and i said that i had a 7 year old and i could tell she looked shocked, but i didnt care because i love our girls and Df and i are very proud to have them!

I just ignore people like that now

I take ewan to one a week which is quite good and they have young babies there too, its daunting once they start srawling as they risk getting run over by the old kid whizzing around on the scooters.
I've got ewan booked for a playgroup too but he doesnt start that untill he is 2.5yrs

Most of the mums where i go are on their second baby and seem to be a bit clicky.

I'm looking forwards to taking Mia to some groups once we are home-although i'm a little nervous.

Amy xx

Hi Amy

You can always come to the one I goto in Hadleigh (not quite sure whether its abit far???) :D :D :D

I am looking forward to doing the swimming lessons!

I have just come back from my first group visit. This one helps a lot with breast feeding.. it was very good - a peer supporter ca,me and picked me up so i didn't have to walk in by myself!

I was a bit over awed by it but got some great advice so will be going back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back