moses baskets and cribs..

debecca said:
I've got a Moses basket (M&P I think) that a friend gave us - his little boy only slept in it for 1 day :shock:

Just a quick question - I presume you're not supposed to use the little quilty blanketty thing that coems with the Moses basket for SIDS reasons? I have just made mine up last night with a fitted sheet and a cellular blanket (though will try swaddling / sleeping bag first) because I assumed that was safer?

Or are those blanketty things designed to be used with the Moses baskets??

I wasn't going to use the one that came with mine, just a sleeping bag or swaddle like what you have said.

my baby is goin straight into a mamas and papas cot, got a moses basket for my last baby amd he hated it lol.. so i ended up giving it away, so many of my friends buy them and most of the babies dont like them, they are pretty and cute but i dont think its really important to buy one..

BeckyJ said:
Image001-3.jpg

this is ours from babies r us :D

SNAP!

we have the same crib and bedding set!
isn't it just the cutest!

debecca said:
I've got a Moses basket (M&P I think) that a friend gave us - his little boy only slept in it for 1 day :shock:

Just a quick question - I presume you're not supposed to use the little quilty blanketty thing that coems with the Moses basket for SIDS reasons? I have just made mine up last night with a fitted sheet and a cellular blanket (though will try swaddling / sleeping bag first) because I assumed that was safer?

Or are those blanketty things designed to be used with the Moses baskets??

I got one with my M&P basket too, I am not going to use it - like you, I am just going for a sheet on the matress and a cellular blanket. It is much easier to tuck the cellular blanket in. (I am trying swaddling first too, but will have to see how it goes)

Hello
so you can really put the baby in the cot straight away ?

Will it not be too big ?

I think my bub won't like moses basket either but at least I could use it downstairs for naps and such as bringing the pram in would be tricky.

I won't pay loads for one though, not worth it

For my first I had a rocking cradle from IKEA - looked fantastic but ds hated it - kept getting his hands stuck between the bars adn waking himself plus my mum kept tripping over the rockers just after getting him off to sleep :lol:

for the next 2 I used a moses basket and swaddling with much better success. I move into the nursery for the first 6 months (apart from the odd romantic night) as dh is a surgeon and cant afford to be tired in his job - I find it easier and more relaxing not to have to worry about keeping him awake while feeding - I have a bed right next to the moses basket. it also means now if another child has a restless night they can creep in with him and we all sleep better.

I've got the babies are us Moses Basket. (I love my bear)
On a normal stand, not a rocking one.
For downstairs.

And a Glider Crib, from mama's & papa's for the bedroom.

I'm a little clumsy, so wanted something in each room.. :)
then.. when LO is big older.. it will move with the crib into its own room.. or into its Cot Bed.

:)

x

I have a moses basket due to lack of space in my tiny studio flat. I got given it and just need to get a mattress for it.

My sister is moving house soon so I will be getting my nephews cot - hopefully I will be able to squeeze it in the house somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back