• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mortgage Holidays

kerrymac

Reaction score
Since becoming pregnant, me and my OH have been a little worried about how we are going to cope financially while I am on Maternity pay. But we have just found out that we can take 5 months mortgage holidays which is FANTASTIC!! All we have to do is write to our Mortgage Company which is Northern rock, with proof of my pregnancy and a letter requestingt he holiday and hopefully we can do it from Septmeber!!

So anyone else out there worrying, why dont you try and speak to your mortgage Company, some others might do it as well. It is just such a relief for us and has took alot of stress away.

Ive got this as a back up aswell. Costs more in the long run but definately good to know.

Claire x

I heard of many women doing this when pregnant.
Different mortgage providers also offer different terms with the length of the break you can take.

Just a bugger that we rent :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back