Months???

TommyMonkey

Reaction score
Bit of a daft question, but....in all my notes etc everything is counted in weeks but lots of people still only understand months. I'll be 25 weeks tomorrow. My LMP was 13 Jan so so far I've been counting the 13th as the month marker (which make mes 6 months today :cheer: - OMG after the really slow 1st trimester, it's true things really do fly). But I'm going to end up with a week left over!

How does everyone else count in months??? Am I the only one who's a bit confused???
Thanks
Gemma xx

I get a bit confused at times to, so I just stick to counting the weeks. It's easier now as I can say I am almost half way. xx

This foxes me too sometimes when people ask how many months I am when I tell them in weeks. (I'm easily confused when PG :oops: !!)

For example I was 16 weeks on June 25th, (4x4=16) but I wasn't 4 months until July 10th.

Because at the beginning of the pregnancy there are LMP dates, Ovulation dates, the date I found out I was PG at 5.5 weeks etc. I find it easier to work it out backwards. Our baby is due on Dec 10th so on July 10th I was 4 months. :cheer:

I just found this on another site:

'Months
Measured as nine months on the calendar -- starting one week after your LNMP.'

So I think my month mark is the 20th not the 13th - boo - have to wait another week to be 6 months!

So I think if you want to say how many months you are either add 7 to your LMP and use that date in the month for each month, or count months backwards from you due date. It will always be the same date e.g. 20th for every month (so some months are shorter than others)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back