grrrr

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Imogen had her second jabs yesterday and she has sailed through them again no problems, no crying and isnt ill.

But i told the nurse when the time omes to have her mmr she isnt having it and she looked at me well why not?

I quickly explained about ds having possible autism and she sai there was no way it was caused by mmr - and said what makes you such a expert, i said to her im not stopping her from having it but im delaying it till shes 2 or 3 im not risking it with her.

And she looked at me like i was a idiot, I wanted to slap her

tut!!! and who is her mum?!!

Just ignore her silly woman, you as her parent have every right to choose. I wish profesionals suchh as that wouldnt judge, when i said to one of the midwifes i wasnt breastfeeding she looked at me in disgust where as some others were absolutely fine about it!

Hi

aww hun dont take it to heart its your personal choice
When Kiara got her chicken pox one i felt like i was forced to but wont be doing so with Kadyn i honestly want them ti get it while there young ( just my personal choice) some of them are just so rude!!! :hug:

I haven't made my mind up for JT yet, i haven't researched everything enough but likelyhood is i'll be paying for him to have them seperately.

I say as long as you have made an informed decision then stay strong with it and don't let them try to sway you. It's your child not theirs, it's not like your not going to stop her having them all together, just delaying it. So just hold you head up high hun :hug:

If you look into the studies on the MMR... the studies say that it is not the "cause" of autism... but it doesn't go on to say what the probabilities of the vaccine increasing the chances of your child becoming autistic if there is a history of it already in the family. Tbh the research into the MMR is vague at best... and I don't like it one bit.

I know when I had Tia the whole MMR/Autism/bowel problem link came about... My consultant for my Crohn's at the hospital told me not to risk giving Tia the MMR because I had Crohn's and the MMR had been linked to that... As there was already and inheritated trait for Crohn's... the MMR might increase those chances... So Tia never had it...

But I remember the look on the HV's face when I told her, and she even threatened to go to social services over it... I blew up at her, refused to see her again, and left the country shortly after that... She was a terrible HV tbh.... You know your child best.. if you don't want to take the risk then don't...

If anything, try and get the measles vaccine done privately because that is an illness that can cause disabilities, but rubella and mumps are more harmful in terms of fertility which can wait for a couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back