mls or ozs?

hearts81

Reaction score
This has always annoyed me but i've never got round to asking it on here!

Do you fill your baby's bottles up to the mls or the fluid ozs? On the milk boxes the amounts they give you for each are different. I haven't got a bottle near me at the mo but i think they are something like ml=180 floz=6 but they're not the same amount as each other!!!

So i always put in the mls amount but then is that too much :?

Sorry i've made this sound confusing so you may not be able to make sense of it

I always measure in oz's cos I was having the same problem. I seems to work out more if you measure in ml's.

i've always been used to the metric system (we don't use imperial in norway) so i measure in mls. i never got used to lbs and oz either, i've just had to get used to it as most people here look at me with eyes like questionmarks when i say "oh ruben is 6.6kg now"...

I've always used ounces - Purely because I go by the directions on the formula tin and that uses ounces. IE so many ounces of water to so many scoops.

I usually class 1 ounce as approx 30mls. The actual conversion is 1 fluid ounce = 29.57 mL

i used oz as its one oz of water to every scoop of milk

i did it with ozs lol im no genius so the easiest method is best one

I do ounzes too, as its easier to work with oz when making up formula

I do mls!!!
It's 30ml for 1 scoop of formula.
Maybe I got confused by your post, but I just follow what's written on the cow and gate tin...it gives amount in mls, or oz. DOn't see what's difficult there! sorry! :?
Mel xx

iv just got cow and gate, but before that I was using farleys and SMA and they all seemed to be i ounzes unless I wasnt reading it properly, probably not :?

I use oz, it's miles easier, 1 oz to 1 scoop :D

melhoney said:
I do mls!!!
It's 30ml for 1 scoop of formula.
Maybe I got confused by your post, but I just follow what's written on the cow and gate tin...it gives amount in mls, or oz. DOn't see what's difficult there! sorry! :?
Mel xx

I was wondering why they have the mls and the oz amounts on the milk tin when they are different amounts.

If you follow the mls amount you are using more water than the oz amount. Not much difference really i know but it just annoys me.

I se what you mean now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh: silly me!
Yea, true...It never occured to me before!! well, it must be ok for our little ones, one way or the other!
I just feel more comfy wit mls, being French, but I can't see a problem using oz instead.
They would not advice it otherwise!
Thanks for re-explaining!!!
Mel xx

I use oz's, and lb's oz's for his weight. HV's use KG's for Damien and I generally know it as he has to use his KG weight for meds, hospital appts, etc. I dunno whats metric or imperial though, I just say old and new!! I weigh myself in stones, so guessing that is old way.

Too confooosing for my little brain :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back