Teats, flows, and shapes....WHICH ONES????

hels

Reaction score
Thanks Layla for the reccomendation for them teats, they have sold out though!
Can anyone reccomend some more and let me know why they are good for you?????, Charlotte refuses the bottle, and as advised i think ill change the teat. Im using Avent bottles, can i just use any teat with them??
Also what sort of flow will i need, Charlotte is nearly 6 weeks, i want to use formula during the day (so she's used to it when i go back to work), and boobie through the night.
also which formula do you use?? Last week she had 50 mls of C&G, but i have no idea why she took it then but no other time, it doesnt matter if it's simon or my self bottle feeding her. Any tips???
Thank you xxxxxxxxxx

I have used tomee tipee bottles and Seren has been great with them. They have a bobbly appearance (when you see them it makes sense), and Seren seems to like this. In regards to formula I use aptimal, that is what Seren had in the hospital, we then went on to sma and back to aptimal. I use it as it is meant to be the closest to breast milk - not sure how true that is but she seemed to take it ok. Let others feed her with the bottle whilst you go out the room (have a long soak in the bath, and even if you hear her cry try and stay there. Seren went through a stage of refusing the bottle if I was in the room as she wanted the booby but I would go out, or have a bath and eventually she would have the bottle). Good luck hun xxx

beanie said:
I have used tomee tipee bottles and Seren has been great with them. They have a bobbly appearance (when you see them it makes sense), and Seren seems to like this. In regards to formula I use aptimal, that is what Seren had in the hospital, we then went on to sma and back to aptimal. I use it as it is meant to be the closest to breast milk - not sure how true that is but she seemed to take it ok. Let others feed her with the bottle whilst you go out the room (have a long soak in the bath, and even if you hear her cry try and stay there. Seren went through a stage of refusing the bottle if I was in the room as she wanted the booby but I would go out, or have a bath and eventually she would have the bottle). Good luck hun xxx

That's so funny, my OH was trying to get Brody to have (expressed) milk out of a bottle last night and Brody was crying and screaming and looking at me at the same it, it was like he was telling me off!

I too will use aptimil when I eventually start him on forumla.

Hels, they sell them in mothercare too hun
xxx

Layla what were yours called again?
I'm off to mothercare in a bit so will look at both.

Not sure what flow to get either, I have a fast breastmilk flow so might try number 3.

Hi ya,

The best teat/bottle to use is apprantly NUK as it is shaped like a nipple & is best for switching them over. I used it when I first started using formular but all of a sudden Aimee wouldnt take it - I then used Avent and Tomy Tipee and she uses both no problem but still wont use NUK. So I supppose it depends on the baby -however I have to agree that I think tomy tipee is the best, its softer aswell. I still use the slow flow ones as Aimee drinks very quickly and has a good suction !

Dont know bout you guys but I felt quite cruel & guilty sometimes as she was banging her head against my boob crying & wouldnt take the bottle but found the way I got around it was dad would feed her the bottle at first then I was able to later

oh, a tip which really works is wear something of your partners (a jumper) so they can't smell your milk as thats what frustrates them - it really works ! :dance:

I bought 2 Tommee tippee ones, the 3 months + ones and 2 MAM ones, which are faster flow ones. I'll probably try the MAM ones first, as they look the right shape, but they might be too fast, in which case I'll try tommee tippee!

Wish me luck tonight!

I tried the MAM ones, but I think they were a bit too fast for him, so I'll go with tomee tippee for now until he can take the MAM. He took the tommee tippee straight away, so I was pleased.

upto about 6months old dior would only have the old fashioned browny coloured latex ones because when she was born she was prem and small and she used to suck on her avent teat but nothing would come out because her sucking wasnt strong anough the midwife advised the latex ones as they are sofer and easier then dior was fine and just got used to them....

the only thing is they go a bit manky after a few months with sterilizing fluid they discolour them

I bought some mothercare bottles and orthadontic teats yesterday, and charlotte took the milk, both boobie and formula with no probs at all!
not sure if it'll last, but heres hoping!
They didnt have the tommy tippee ones in stock, but might try them if they get some in again,
thanks for the advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back