Minor lactse intolerance

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Sorry about the shit spelling.

But i could really do with some help!

Has anyone or their kids got a intolerance to blue milk but fine with green and red?

I thought Imogen had asthma viewtopic.php?f=56&t=99535&start=0 and ive had her at the doctors 3 times the last few weeks over thid as she was vomiting, coughing and generally unwell.

My mil mentioned she could have issues with milk soover the weekend we stuck to red, then popped her on green for nutitional value and shes been fine. Soon as you lay her down at night though with blue, she starts to cough and spew for britain.

She only has milk at night when she wakes. So i think this is how they have confused it with asthma.

Any ideas, anyone been here please reply"

I *think* that it could be lactose intolerance.
Some people deal with lactose differently - and some react to small amounts whereas some only react to large amounts of lactose.

It could be a case of just avoiding blue milk - i'm not sure how soya milk compares nutritionally but you could see if that has more nutrients than the green milk.

I'm still learning myself (and hoping that Faith ends up only a little bit lactose intolerant)

xxxxxx

All milk has lactose in it... What you are talking about is an intolerance to milk fats I think :think:

First of all :clap: :clap: :clap: Its fooking difficult to identify something in a kids diet that makes them ill... and secondly... it it makes your LO ill and shes better on the green milk... then stick to that... Semi skimmed is actually better as it has more calcium in it that full fat... and skimmed has the most calcium of all... the green one is the best of both worlds. Kids need the fat in terms of nutrition.. but also need the calcium. :)

Tia was lactose intolerant after contracting Rota virus in hospital after her meningitis... and for some reason left her lactose intolerant. She would have the most foul smelling diarrhoea if even a tiny amount of milk entered her diet. I still bfd her at the time, but if I ate anything with milk in it... she'd be ill...We moved her on to SMA LF then onto soya milk... but literally ANYTHING (and my gods sooo much stuff has milk in it) with milk in it... would make her ill... if she got something heavy on milk... like cheese etc...she would vomit badly too.

Don't worry about it hun... if shes not well... remove it from her diet and try it again later. We tried Tia every couple of months with something with milk in it.. but it wasn't until she was 5 that she could stomach it... now she drinks loads of ordinary semi skimmed milk everyday, loves cheese and gobbles down yogurt.

Keep an eye on it and read your labels and try to gather what might set her off :) oh and good luck :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

charl had lactose intollerance when she was weaned to cows milk.. she like imogen had athsma symptoms.. but it wasnt that.. it only happened when she drank milk ate cheese etc.. so i took her off milk totally.. she only had soya milk ate no cheese only soya yoggies.. she was like that for over a year.. then i gradually started to introduce semi skimmed into her diet..just in cereal.. she still gets a bad chest now in school they give milk at break time i didnt know untill she started telling me she had a bad tummy..i said what have you eatten she said blah blah blah.. milk n biscuits.. the i realised she had bn haivng half a pint of full fat milk at school without my permission.. so that stopped and shes a lot better..she only gets milk in her ceral and i limit her cheese intake to..have you had a chat with your doctor?

Thank you girls!

Ive had a week of her now not being sick at all on the green milk, so were sticking with that. She seems so much happier in herself.
She has had fromage frais this week and has been fine on it - weird!

Ids coughing still, but i think that she may have a bit of childhood asthma but im keeping a close eye on her at the moment. The childs had me worried sick the last month!

awh well i for 1 am glad you have found something that works xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back