• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

milk spots

Minchin

Reaction score
Hi
I was hoping someone might be able to share similar experiences...our LO is 9 days old and has loads of whitehead spots on his face, he doesn't seem in pain from them or at all bothered by them but they are unsightly and look so sore and I wish I could take them away for him. MW said to put breast milk on them whixh we have done and seems to be drying them out a bit. From research it seems they are caused from hormones he is getting from my breastmilk. He started out with them on and around his eyes, still has one on the lower lid which looks very sore, maybe it's infected?! Mw coming tomorrow so will see what she says, just wondered if anyone had similar experiences...

thanks x

Replying to my own thread, this is what it is I htink and seem stotally normal and common...

Erythema Toxicum

This is a common skin rash in babies and occurs often by day 2 or 3 of life. The rash consists of white spots which feel raised to touch which are surrounded by redness - a bit like a white head pimple surrounded by a red area.
The spots occur all over the body (but not the palms of the hands or soles of the feet) and can come and go. The rash is often referred to as neonatal acne because of the appearance.

No treatment is required. The rash will eventually disappear by itself after a few days but they can come back over the first few weeks.

Zach had this, it looked like acne! It went after a few weeks, I just used cool boiled water to clean his face every day. Xxx

oscar was born with a really spotty nose...it went on it's own after about a week i think x

Farrah was born with quite a few on her face, hospital said that it was normal and that they were called 'milk spots' and would jsut eventually disapear. She is now 6wks old and still has a few, they have never looked sore, but I do have to stop myself from popping them!!

Foals often get this as well when born (random I know) must be the milk!

thanks everyone. They got really pus filled yesterday so went to gp today and turns out little man has impetigo :shock: poor thing, the spots don;t seem to nother him and luckily are only on his face. The doctor had never seen such a bad case in such a young baby, think it's normally young kids that catch it. So we have cream and antibiotics and it should clear within next 48 hours or we go back to docs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back