MILK QUESTION

trixipaws

Reaction score
due to several factors today, millie's routine was slightly late in the afternoon. usually, its (roughly):
12pm- lunch
1.30pm- afternoon milk & nap
4.30pm- dinner
6.30pm- bed-time milk & bed

today, my boyf had let her sleep from about 11am til 1.30pm ( :roll: ) while i was at work, and had done her lunch straight after. i got home at 2.30, and we had to go grocery shopping and also paint shopping, so she had her afternoon milk at some point then (im guessing about 4-ish) and drank the whole 7-scoop feed (usually in afternoon only drinks about 100mls), then showed no signs of wanting a nap. we didnt get home til after 5, and her dinner was ready at 6.

as she went to bed late and had had dinner late, and drank way more milk than usual, i didnt expect her to drink much bed-time milk. it had been too late to sterilize the bottle and make a feed that would be cool enough in time, i couldve either BF (as still hav milk) but dont wanna do that and undo my 2 weeks of perseverance (boobs just starting to go down finally) or open a carton of ready-made (but really didnt think she'd drink much so waste 55p or whatever it cost!)

SO, decided to try putting her down without milk for the first time ever (thought can always try, if it didnt work would just open the carton). anyway, she went off to sleep anyway without it.

im wondering, should i give her milk if she wakes tonite, and if so, when?

since we switched to formula, apart from the first 2 nites i think when i took formula to bed for her we switched to a bottle of water, and she's stopped wanting that now, she only wakes for a dummy :cheer:

should i treat it as normal nite and just give her dummy if she wakes? or milk as she had none at bed-time? :think:

If im ever worried Jake hasnt had enough milk before bed i'll do him a little dream feed, usually 3ish oz... just to get something into his tummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back