Midwife yesterday

Toxic_Angel

Reaction score
Had my midwife appointment yesterday at 2:45,
I didn't really like that lady, im sure she didnt crack a smile once. She may have been workin in that job for years but she looked uttery bored.
She was very ratty with me too, She said how many weeks am i, i said 24 on thursday an she went "NO YOU ARE NOT, you are 23 weeks tomorrow".
so i felt like a lil kid who did something wrong. I go back to see midwife in 3 weeks, 30th, October an i sure hope i dont get her again.
So need to change my ticket now grrr

Urrghh there is no need for them to be like that, she might have just been having a bad day but why do they need to take it out on people who are looking to them for reassurance and support.

Don't bother hun..

According to my MW, I am due on the 24th of January, putting me 5 days behind my ticker or so... yet the scans say I am due on the 18th...

Usually they go buy what your LMP date is anyways because babies all grow in different ways.

The 20 week scan i had they put me forwad 4 days, ive just updated my ticker an if i add 4 days onto that then i'm at the dates i said i was, 24 week tomorrow, ive just re done my ticker with LMP etc, an im 23 week 2 days now. She didnt wana seem to take into account that i got put forward =s

She sounds like the one I saw last week. I don't understand why they have to be so sh1tty with you :(

She sounds like a complete bitch, could you ask to see someone different next time? Labours hard enough without having an evil cow at the end of the bed

I told her also that iv been soo tired lately, she said "eat alot of green veg an high in iron things, or it may just be the pregnancy thing that your tired"
an i eat veg alot anyway, an have lots of fresh juice an heathy food.
She didnt seem like she knew alot tbh,
she said i could be anemic she rung up a place to get my blood result from antenatal thing when i was 9 weeks preg an i was 11.1 or something then. she just said il have more bloods taken when im 28 weeks.

Is it usual to have different midwives? I have had the same one for my last 2 appointments and I have her again for the next one in a couple of weeks time. I have been trying to get hold of my midwife all week but I can never get hold of them as their line is only open for 1 hour on a morning and no one ever answers it!!

It depends on what system your local health authority use, as to whether you see the same person each time. In some places you may have a group of midwives and could see whoever's available at the time, in others you will be designated one person.

Sounds a bit pants only having a line open for 1 hour! :shock: I was given a 24 hour emergency number to ring.
If they are attached to your doctors surgery maybe ring them for advice on how to contact your midwife

They are a right pain, I have rung the docs and they say to just ring the midwife line! lol The only other number I have for them is the reception for the center where the midwives are but after 10am no midwives are there as they are out on their rounds. Its frustrating too as the docs are no help to me! Sorry for the rant lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back