• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Middle name..anyone else have issues with family?

positivity :)

Reaction score
hi girls,

i've decided the middle name of my lo will be my brother's name..anthony.

i haven't told anyone except my mum who is thrilled about it and of course OH. My OH knows that me and my brother are close so he is fine with it.

problem is that my OH has a brother too and i know that his family will think i'm 'picking' mine over his..which i am! main reason being is that my brother is great with kids and will be round loads as he lives around the corner. OH's brother is still in party mode and has no interest in kids, i'd be suprised if he's ever held a baby before!

also, i'm thinking my dad will have a problem with it coz in our family, the grandparents names have been middle names and so he would expect it to be his i think. but my dad hasn't been there much for us so im not giving him this special moment - am i mean?

why is everythign so much harder than you ever anticipate!?

its your decison as to what you call your LO, mines having his dads name as a middle name which just happens to be his grandads too (even though hes dead) so family happy x

OMG im having a dilema too!

If I have a girl I want my sisters middle name but i have 2 sisters im just closer to the one im choosing and goes better with the girl name ive chose! so having her name is honestly 50/50 due to how well it goes first of all and secondly because she is my closest sister. BUt dunno how the other will react!

if I have a boy its middle name does not take after any of my brothers but my closest brother is the only one i have told both middle name and names to and i felt paranoid he was expecting me to say if i have a boy will have your middle name etc!

Its a tough one! people prob will have opinions within the family but main thing is your LO and will have that name you choose forever and really dont think you should jepradise that by people thinking you must or should have a certain family members names etc

And just think if your OH's bro had a baby girl would you be offeneded if she wasnt named after you for example or after you OH if a boy? nope :) xxxx

wow, i think choosing between sisters is even harder!! thanks for your advice girls x

Its your baby pos, so you pick his name. Alfie is having my OH's name as middle name and my parents and his parents love that thats happening :) I'd love to have my Dads name invloved but his name is Barrington :rofl: so I wont bother haha x

Its your baby pos, so you pick his name. Alfie is having my OH's name as middle name and my parents and his parents love that thats happening :) I'd love to have my Dads name invloved but his name is Barrington :rofl: so I wont bother haha x

lol you have made me laugh i actually really like this name so unusual!!

Families can be funny like that can't they? Your baby though, so your decision and balls to everyone else! If I have a girl then her middle name will be after my sister, if I have a boy then he'll have two middle names, my dad's and o/h's dad's.
My MIL did broach the subject with me of having 2 middle names for a girl as well, but I told her no chance, and she accepted it. I know that o/h would back me up fully, so you just do what you want to. If people get miffed at you, tough luck, they'll get over it. :hug: you can't please everyone xx

thanks hun. i don't think anyone can question your decision at all, of course ur sister name will be there! i'm gonna stick with mine too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back