Metformin and CD 135 grrrhhh

Petra

Reaction score
:wave: hi everyone. I haven't been here for nearly two weeks ( only due to the fact I had no access to internet :oops: )

My cycles is dragging, I can't believe I am on 135 already. I have started taking 1700mg Metformin a day. Just wondering if anyone else is taking it and if you got your AF more regular afterwards..

Thanks all :hug:

And here is me cursing because I had a short cycle with no ov...
Hope something happens for you soon :hug:

Why are you taking Metformin hun? Just curious as I am on it for Gestational Diabetes. Excuse my ignorance :)

I have been diagnosed a month ago with biochemical PCOS. This means that I have no cysts on my ovaries, but have hormonal imbalance caused by insulin resistance. ( I don't have diabetes yet but could have if left untreated :cry: ) I never imagined that insulin can cause long cycles, hormonal imbalance etc. I haven't had no symptoms and was all well when taking the Pill. Since going off the Pill last year, all is going wrong for me ( acne, weight gain, tiredness, long cycles etc) .. :wall:

By what you have just said it sounds like the Metformin will regulate you. I have heard nothing but good things about this tablet, so fingers crossed it will sort you out.

Let us know how you get on with it and best of luck :hug:

I hope it works for me :pray:

..I have just noticed your ticker.. Best of luck with birth giving hun :hug:

Thanks Petra, I hope it's your turn soon xx :D

Hi Petra - sorry still no AF :hug: I hope you get something happening soon.

I have been put on progyluton. It's supposed to give me a 28 day cycle too. So we'll see. I am on CD5 now.

FXed for us both.

hi hun my sister has pcos and has been on metformin for quite a while now without much success im afraid :( they told her it should regulate her periods as she was only having about 2 a year nothing happened for first couple of years and now shes gone from 1 extreme to the other she started bleeding at xmas and is still bleeding they are now trying to stop the af so shes really no better off at moment hope you have better luck xxxxxxxx

Hi Sookie, hope progyluton works for you. Let me know how you get on hun :hug:

Rach, sorry to hear about your sister..poor thing. I hope they will find a way to stop her AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back