metal detectors-Safe?

CJteach

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is safe to go through metal dectectors while in the first trimester? I know it is a silly question but I was just reading that you should not use electric blankets while pregnant. I thought this was b/c of the heat issue but it turns out it is really b/c they produce a low level electromagnetic field. I am not sure how the metal dectors work but I am assuming they might use an electromagetic field as well. I am thinking about flying during the first trimester and I have jury duty which requires walking through one. I could postpone the jury duty and avoid the trip but wanted to know if I am just being crazy.

I guess you spend a lot longer under en electric blanket than in a metal detector, so that might be why the detectors are fine and the blanket's aren't. Must admit I went off to Dublin without a thought about the detectors when I was about 10 weeks.

Hi!

I went through one also and the woman on the desk seemed very unconcerned when I told her I was pregnant.

I really don't think it poses a risk or there would be signs up.

Hope this helps x

Hi

I dont think there is any harm many women fly while they are pregnant and they have to go through a metal detector to get on the plane.
Katrina

Thanks for the advice. I am just worried about everything. I am only 4 weeks and 4 days so I better relax or it will be a long 9 months! I just want a healthy baby and don't want to do anything to harm him/her. Thanks for making me feel better. You are right there would be signs and I am sure thousands of pregnant women travel everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back