Measurment confusion

suzzi

Reaction score
Im confused as alot of you have said what your measurements are on the charts.

I dont get it !!! how do you tell if there ok and how do you read them im totally confused.

Can some one give me and idiot proof lesson lol

Do you mean the charts that come with your scan results? If so, then the charts I have show 3 curved lines and a cross. Along the bottom of the chart should be time in weeks and up the side the measurements. The cross should be where your baby is measuring. The top line shows the upper 95th percentile, the bottom shows the bottom 5th percentile, and the middle line shows the 50th percentile. So if your cross is on the middle line, then your baby measures bang in the middle range of all measurements taken at the corresponding number of weeks. If it's above the top line then baby is in the top 5 percent of measurements for the same number of weeks, if it's below the bottom line, it's in the bottom 5 percent. So the charts show you how you compare to other people measured at the same point in time. Hope that makes sense.

yes that makes sence thank you so much feel very stupid lol

what do the BPD, FL, HC, and AC mean ???

FL = Femur length
HC = Head Circumference
AC = Abdominal Circumference...

Not sure what the other one is lol xx

thanks for that.

how do you know all this??? have i missed a lesson ??

No Ive been having extra scans and have had them pointed out dont worrry xxx

I'm an analyst for the Department of Health, so that's how I can understand the graphs. Had to google the acronyms though to understand what each graph was! BDP is biparietal diameter, which is the diameter of the babies head.

ooh you are good, i hadnt a clue all i know is the consultant told me last week that baby weighs 4.5lbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back