Meal ideas 17months +

Pompey_Princess

Reaction score
Feel like we're stuck in a food rut! what sort of dinners does your LO like at maddi's age?

she eats everything except potato and i do love cooking her food :D normally she has lots of pasta, with veg or mince, chicken stews with root veg, cheesy veg's and cottage pie with sweet potato (as she's allergic to potato).
she's also loving atm scrambled egg toasted cheese and i cook noodles for her with stir fry veg :D

inspire me :D

Last edited:
Katie loves rice and has it with chilli :) Mild chilli mind or chicken and vegetables

Homemade vegetable soup is a favourite here too

homemade pancakes and scrambled egg

beef stew and dumplings

Fish pie done with cauliflower cheese as a topping and a white sauce with peas :)

Last edited:
Oliver loves Kedgeree. Also bangers and mash. I vary the flavours of the sausages and he never gets bored of it! he had pork and red onion flavour the other day. Chicken stuffed with pesto, mini homemade pizzas, sausage rolls.

Have you tried a toddler recipe book?

Last edited:
my two eat things like

cheesy pasta
stir fry noodles & veg
homemade fish fingers
refried bean burritos
homemade pizza
lasanga
spag bol
fish pie
pasta salad
homemade soups & stews

also
porridge
cereal
scrambled eggs
beans n toast
pancakes
english muffins

for snacks
reisens
crackers
mini breadsticks
fresh fruit/raw veggie sticks
nuts & seeds
dairy free yoghurts

we tend to eat veggie and dont really eat/drink dairy produce as my two are intollerent (we do give tiny amounts to build up their system to take it)

they sometimes have
dairylea bites
chunks of cheese
normal baby yoghurts

we eat our main hot meal at lunchtime and for tea we usually have smaller/more snacky dinners like soup & sandwhiches etc then they have supper before bed.

thank you ladies :D all so helpful :D i'm going to be referring to this thread this week for some different ideas :dance:

agentM - i have got a couple of recipe books, by annabell karmal, but i found them a bit uninspiring :(

thank you ladies :D all so helpful :D i'm going to be referring to this thread this week for some different ideas :dance:

agentM - i have got a couple of recipe books, by annabell karmal, but i found them a bit uninspiring :(
Have you tried Finger Foods for toddlers. Doesn't have tonnes in, but has a few ideas. I'll dig it out when Oliver is in bed and post the details. x x

Have you tried Finger Foods for toddlers. Doesn't have tonnes in, but has a few ideas. I'll dig it out when Oliver is in bed and post the details. x x

haven't heard of that once hon, but that would be brilliant! thank you :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back