Maternity Unit Closures

hmmm my authority is listed but it doesnt say either closures or no closures!

the 2 maternity units closest me have closed and gone completely :x

Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust No closures

Pfft.... they were closed last week when I was giving birth! Wouldn't let me in and sent me to a hospital 30 miles away!!!

DebbieM said:
Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust No closures

Pfft.... they were closed last week when I was giving birth! Wouldn't let me in and sent me to a hospital 30 miles away!!!

When I saw this on the news I thought of you :(

it says no closures at mine but like debbies experience proves that list isnt accurate :cry:

They never give figures for scotland :x

The maternity unit I'm hoping to go to was due for closure a year or so ago but was saved through a local group campaigning for it to stay open.

Good job it did, otherwise there would have been no choice but to have gone to Aberdeen hospital and for the women who live in the villages closest to the highlands that would have meant a 50 mile journey whilst in labour!
I'd love to see the people who decide on these closures to travel 50 miles with contractions :x

Mine is Maidstone and Tunbridge wells
it says NO FORMAL CLOSURES
what does that mean they informaly close them willy nilly
others just say NO CLOSURES
dose that mean mines thinking of it?

:think: :?

Mine says 2 closures!! :( i wanted it to say none!! i suppose it doesn't mean much though if those that say none have still turned people away.

sarah2807 said:
Mine says 2 closures!! :( i wanted it to say none!! i suppose it doesn't mean much though if those that say none have still turned people away.

oh no will this effect you presonaly when you go into labour?
hope it dosnt hun :pray: :hug:

I'm not sure..on press release before this one about maternity units it got a 'good' rating and I've not heard bad stories about it, but the worrying thing is the next closest one says 2 closures too!!!!

I'm just pleased I don't live in Scarborough-it says something like 39 closures for them!!! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back