Maternity Pay

Oca

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently in retail, and my company pay SMP - no more no less. I'm planning to start a family at some point in the future, so I'm looking for a job with something better - but companies don't exactly advertise what they give!

I'm not asking for company names (they don't want to tell us so it seems unfair)...just the sector (eg banking, retail, ...) and maternity pay/tie-ins/other conditions imposed (minimum length of service prior/after etc).

...a bit of a survey, if you like, so I can ask in the interviews and know if the answer they give is good or not.

Thank you in advance
Oca

I am in the defence sector (the we were civil servants before being privatised) and we get basically 4 months full pay, followed 2 months SMP. I haven't found any sign of a tie in, but you do have to have a min length of service with the company to qualify for the 4 months full pay. Sorry don't know what it is as I have been here nearly 7 years, so didn't pay much attention.

i used to work for a well known bank and they had very good maternity benefits. was hard leaving them as i knew the company i was going to (very small village company) would be the basics and no more.

however if i had stayed i doubt i would ever have conceived due to the huge amount of stress they put on their staff.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back