• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

maternity pay question

boolie

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm new in the country and would like to ask a few questions.

I am employed since a few months back, full time and permanent. If / when I will have a baby in the future, will I receive statutory maternity pay or maternity pay? (or are there others?) Which is the "better" one?

I read somewhere that one of them is 90% of your pay for 6 weeks, and then 123 pounds every week? is this on top of what your employer will pay or am I missing something out? How can you get by on 123 pounds a week?

I work in education.

If someone could shed some light to my concern, Id be ever so grateful.

it depends on how long u have been employed for...

if you have a look on www.directgov.co.uk you will find out more on there, smp is paid via ur employer and thats 90% of pay for 6 weeks then 33 weeks at £124 n thats all you get,

MP (i think) is £124 and thats all you get (thats if you have been employed for less than 6 months when ur pregnant, i think)

good luck,

Also if your new to the country you might b under constrictions?

you are entitled to Maternity Pay if youve been employed for 26 weeks in the same company before your 15th week of pregnancy. this is 90% of wages for 6 weeks then the rest of the time £124 a week (for like 9 months or a bit less than that) but like the others say i dont know how it works if you havent lived in this country for very long. youll have to do some research! x

as the girls have said depends on how long you have worked there. where have you come from? i hope you manage to get the answers you want. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back