Maternity / nursing bras :o

Bubalu

Reaction score
When I was about 26 wks I got measured for a maternity bra (M&S). I got some 38B although the cup size was a little large as I thought I'd need room to grow. Well I've had no development. My maternity bras feel just as loose as when I was measured so I was ready to buy the same size in nursing bra. I thought I'd just check the size before buying (Mothercare this time). Well my new size is 36D! I was very sceptical but when I tried on the 36D bra's they fit pretty much the same as the 38B bras that I have...with a little room for breast pads. I'm really surprised! I don't look like a D cup! Are different makes of bra so different? :shock:

In a word, yes.

TBH I'd wait before buying nursing bras as once your milk comes in after baby is here is when they grow to epic proportions. Buying them all now will probably mean more in a few weeks. I'd get one now to tide you over and go bra shopping once your milk comes in.

Bubalu said:
When I was about 26 wks I got measured for a maternity bra (M&S). I got some 38B although the cup size was a little large as I thought I'd need room to grow. Well I've had no development. My maternity bras feel just as loose as when I was measured so I was ready to buy the same size in nursing bra. I thought I'd just check the size before buying (Mothercare this time). Well my new size is 36D! I was very sceptical but when I tried on the 36D bra's they fit pretty much the same as the 38B bras that I have...with a little room for breast pads. I'm really surprised! I don't look like a D cup! Are different makes of bra so different? :shock:

yes. you should ideally try bras on as they differ from bra to bra. You can be a certain size inone bra but in another it doesn't fit right.

ive always found the m&s arent very good at measuring people for bras which prob wouldnt have helped. They arent round my way anyway! They once measured me as a certain size which made me laugh as the cup would only just cover my nipple & had no chance of going actually on my boob!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back