Maternity Leave.....

Annabanna33

Reaction score
When is everyone going on theres? I was thinking id work right up to 2 weeks beforehand... but now im thinking maybe i'll finish a month before, give me a chance to try and chill out a bit, get stuff organised and not be quite so exhausted!!

Whats everyone else doing?

A
x

I was thinking like you too, maybe 2 weeks before, but starting to change my mind, and now thinkin 4 weeks before !

Im not working as just returned from living in France and dont think anyone would employ me and my bump :D

I have 2 close friends who are both pregnant and they are working until about 3 weeks before their due date...or at least attempting to!

I'm hoping to officially start my mat leave on 2nd jan but I break up at work on 24th December (office closes) so will be off around about 4 weeks before! :)
hopefully i'll survive up until then! :D

Im planning on leaving 4 weeks before, got my meeting next week with my work to decide so going to say 4 weeks and see what they think. I only work in an office so I think Ill be able to cope till 4 weeks before which means Ill be finishing in jan

I'm planning to work up until 2 weeks before due date as that's how my holidays work out. I've got an office job and don't have any complications so far, so don't think it'll be a big problem. Tbh, I can't imagine stopping in 11 weeks time yet, it seems so soon!

ooh im counting down the days till i can be off! theres so much i want to do between now and bubs being born in march, but i just dont get any time, or if i do im exhausted!

I'm not working this time round but last time I planned on working until as close as possible. I ended up leaving at 30 weeks as the job was fairly physical and I kept having bleeds from a polyp on my cervix.

Last time I worked until 38.5 weeks, which was probably a little too long as LO was born at 39 weeks, but TBH I would probably have been bored at home and sods law if I had finished earlier she would have been late. This time I'm finishing about 3 weeks before DD as it will the Christmas hols - if it wasn't for the hols I would have gone to 38 weeks.

All i would say is dont commit to anything. I was adamant that i would work up until 2 weeks before until my obstetrician said go for 4 weeks.

Even though i work in an office the lack of sleep (as in a couple of hours a night) is really taking its toll and ive had to admit defeat. I am now working every other day for the next two weeks and leaving next friday (5 weeks before).

I would definately consider cutting down the amount of days you work so you can catch up on sleep throughout the day. Saying all that.. you maybe really active right up until the LO is born.. you just dont know!

Claire x

I work as assistant manager in a hotel, i planned to leave 6 weeks before but have been suffering very badly with SPD (although didnt know it) i just thought it was because i was on my feet all day. I am signed off now until i can officialy start my leave on 12th October.

I wish my boss would have tried to make work a little easier on me and i could of stayed much longer but they did not so now im at home!! I think i will have everything done in about 2 weeks.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO THEN???????????
:? :?

24th dec is my last day in work!! but cause of xmas & holiday my matt leave will start on the 2nd jan :D

that makes me just over 32 weeks. gives me some time with alice before bubs arrives & going by how i was last time, i don't think i could have lasted much longer.

i prob wont go until the very last moment possible

i was a TA at a primary school, but it was only a 1 year contract, so now i work part time/occassionally in child care/nurserys/baby sitting depending on where the company need me, so i hardly work at all :? and no one will employ me cos of baby .

although im hoping to get a christmas temp job and be able to earn some money from that, as who ever employs me wouldnt have to worry about maternity leave cos id only be there a short term contract anyway

I am in awe of all you guys leaving much later than me!! I am an adult Education tutor and teach evening classes - this week is my last and thats 10 weeks before due date!! i just feel exhausted and could do witha the rest as i can't face driving home miles in the dark at 10 at night anymore!!!!

you leave when it fels right for you i guess!! :)

I'm not working this pregnancy I'm a SAHM, but previously I think I worked until about 4/5 weeks before but had loads of holidays left to take so think I ended up going on actual maternity leave about 2 weeks before if that makes sense!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back