Maternity Allowance - finish before date stated.

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hi,

I've applied for my Maternity Allowance & I said that I would start maternity leave at 35 weeks(29 weeks now) but I had 4 days off last weeks as i'm just constantly tired (running round after an active 3 year old & being 29 weeks preggo don't mix & it'sonly going to get worse i suppose). I used my holidays as i don't get sick pay :( . I'm going back in tomorrow (no holidays left) but still feel exactly the same. I'm not unwell just shattered all the time.

I've just read that you can start it from 26 weeks but heard that there is a delay with applications at the moment,due to back-log so won't get any money yet if I did start early. :(

I'm due to finish on 30th September but i'm just wondering if you are able to start maternity leave before the date you've told Maternity Allowance people, if I obviously let them know, just wondered if any of you ladies had done this or have any advice?

I was afraid of these delays but was pleasantly surprised.

I did phone a few times to keep track of my application. I was sent a form to sign once I finished work.

On my original form I had stated I would be finishing work on 15th August. But I changed my leaving date after to 6th August as I too was very tired.

I kind of accepted to myself that the payments wouldn't start until later. I sent the form back on 6th August confirming I left work.

I have already got confirmation through, dated 14th August, stating that my payments would started from 8th and the first amount would be in my account within 5 days! :)

I updated the Useful Contact Numbers thread previously with the new number for Mat Allowance payments. Just give them a call and you can follow your claim progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back