• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Massive Fundus Size at 36 Weeks

Franna75

Reaction score
Hello,

I went to the Birthing Centre today to check in (you have to register at 36 weeks), all went well, blood was good, my blood levels had gone up as they were pretty low. Then she measured me and said oh dear....you're fundus is measuring 44cms....8cms more than it should be. I'd always been 2-3cms bigger but not that much. She felt him and said it was all baby/pregancy bump rather than my lard. She asked one of the other midwives to come and measure me to see if it was just her and he got the same reading and felt the same thing!

I've been referred for a growth scan, but if he is big i won't be able to go to the BC and i'm desperate to go there :( Even if its excess fluid it can still be dangerous and they won't take me....

Hope I get a scan appt. soon.....and that its just that he's got long legs....

Has anyone else measured that much at 36 weeks?

Franxx:shock:

Hiya :)

Ive had the same thing this week.

I went for a growth scan at 36 weeks and they said that her limbs are measuring 41 weeks and 1 day and her tummy is measuring 44 weeks. efw is aprox 9 and a half ibs! I had to go for GTT blood test to check for diabetes however they came back okay so i have to go in tomorrow morning to discuss my options.

I also wanted to give birth on the birth unit because i was hoping for a drug free water birth. This isnt looking a possibility anymore so i feel your frustration.

I have come to terms with the fact that whatever they decide to do will be best for our baby girl even if i dont necessarily like it!

wish you all the best for your scan
xx

Hi Hayley, thanks for your reply, it sounds like we are having a similar experience. I rang my hospital today to see when the scan would be and they said another two to three weeks...i laughed and said well that kinda defeats the (large) object - so not sure what to do. I will ring again tomorrow, i just couldn't deal with it today, i've been so tired.

I just read your news from the scan. Sounds like you defo have one big baby! Let me know how your follow up appointment goes. I too wanted the drug free water birth, but looks like our babies are going to have the final say! I think hospital is better just in case there are any complications with Godzucky :)

Take care,

Franx

I measured big throughout my whole pregnancy. I went for growth scans and they said my baby was a good size but wouldn't tell me how big. I also had a lot of fluid.
My baby was 9lbs 5ozs at birth so they were right, he was a good size!
The MW's said to me that having a big baby is easier than a smaller one as the smaller ones can come out with their hands up by their heads making it more difficult to push them out. I don't know whether they were just trying to make me feel better.
My MW also said not to pay attention to the fundal height!

thats okay :)

It sounds bad... but sometimes you have to exaggerate slightly to get what you want. telling you to wait 2-3 weeks is rediculous! im sure if you explained the situation and asked to speak to somebody else if she still says the same thing then something would get sorted/

My appointment went okay. Basically baby is not going to be allowed to stay in there passed my due date! I have a scan booked for 39 weeks to check her weight again. If she has gained any more than half a pound by this time then i have a c section booked for my due date (24th)... but if she stays the same weight she is now they believe i could possibly still give birth naturally but so will induce me on the 24th anyway because they dont want me going over. At least i know i wont have that extra long two week weight some women go through after their due date!

I really hope you have more luck with the scan date. i would definately make a complaint if not because its important that you are seen asap... they wouldnt have reffered you otherwise! honestly some people! lol :)

Maybe our babies are just a little chubbier... i love it when babies have really fat little ankles and wrists!! haha i sound like a right freak!

Good luck with your scan!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back