Mason Peter Hammond 16.05.2012

katietateypot

Reaction score
I was due on 12th May and as soon as that day hit i was already fed up!
I went for a sweep on 11th but nothing happened was due another on 15th but the clinic had been cancelled so had to wait until 16th :wall2:

I went for my sweep around 2.30pm on Wednesday 16th and was told i was 3cm, waters were bulging and MW could feels babys head :) She had a good old poke and prod around and said if she needed to she could have broken my waters there and then. :)

Walked out of the clinic and within 20 minutes i was having back ache which started to become more regular, got home for 3.30 and by then i was having pains front and back every 5 minutes lasting one minute. Jason had to be in work for 4pm and as the pub was only open until 12 i told him to go and would call him if i needed him. He left and my sister arrived.
pains carried on coming at a steady pace getting stronger so got the TENS machine out which was great while i bounced away on my ball :)
My other sister arrived with the most amazing chocolate cake so had a little snack as well :)

By around 5.30 i think, the pains started coming every 3 minutes so had to call Jason to come home when he arrived i had had my show and the pains were making me concentrate on my breathing. Stayed around a little longer until Ava-Mai left with my mum and ended up getting to hospital for 7.30 so had to wait while they did the change over.

Saw a lovely MW called Sonia who examined me and told me i was still only 3cm but had progressed since my sweep. At 8pm she asked if i would go home as it was still a little early for anything to happen but my only lift was my dad who would have been at least an hour to come back so luckily she said to stay in another hour or 2 and see if i progressed much more and we would make a decision then.
Got taken to the midwifery Led unit got back on a ball and had a green slush but the contractions went a little off for 30 minutes or so, very irregular!!.

MW was lovely and checked on me every 30 minutes or so just to make sure i was comfortable, she checked on my progress at 10.30pm and told me i was now 5cm and said i could get n the birthing pool which would take 20 minutes to fill. i was really having to breath through the contractions at this point but was still coping. Sonia came back in at 11pm and walked me through to the room where the pool was.
It all seems so relaxing if i'm honest and i felt calm.
Got the TENS machine off had a contraction or 2 then had to climb in the pool.
I am just shy of 5ft and the sides of the pool must be at least 2-3ft high :wall2: worst part:wall2: about it all :lol:

Anyway as soon as i got in the pool i relaxed even more, the water was amazing but that got things really going. Had around 5-6 contractions which i needed gas and air to help me get through then i could feel the pressure coming on and becoming stronger. Ended up sitting on my bum so Sonia could get little mans HB which was proving difficult with me :oooo:

All of a sudden my waters popped and Masons head came out with them, was told to start blowing candles out and do a little push and all of a sudden he was on my chest.

Mason Peter Hammond born 16.5.12 at 11.42pm

Was one of the best feeling ever along with when my little girl was born :cloud9:

Jay cut the cord and we moved to the bed to give Mason a little feed.
I had a 2nd tear from him coming out so quick so had to use more gas and air while that got stitched which kept sending me a little loopy but was great :lol:

He is such a good baby, goes 6 hours through the night which is amazing for us :)

his big sisters love him to pieces and despite a few minor jealous moments are very helpful :)

Will add pictures when i upload some onto this computer.

3 kids together with Mason 4 days old and Mason around 12 hours old :)

Attachments

• 3 kids first pic mason 4 days.jpg
    3 kids first pic mason 4 days.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Mason.jpg
    Mason.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 57
Congratulations Katie, you did amazing, hope my labour is like yours!! :yay:

Congratulations! :yay: & Lovely piccies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.