many questions im clueless...

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
hey guys

new mum here, a regular in 1st and 3rd tri but now a mum I'm totally clueless, why did i not read about the 1st year instead of labour spotting symptoms eh?

ok
1. feeding, i feed mhairi every 3-4 hours but during the feed i change her nappy inbetween boobs, 15 left 15 right as i hate the thought of her feeding with a dirty nappy...she then drifts off and sleeps but it take 45 mins and keeps her awake the whole process. is this ok, is she getting enough? she is posseting it back up so i hoped this was a good thing

2. noises - mharir makes noises all the time, little chirps and little cries and rush to them but they never materilise into big cries, is this ok

3. lying on side, mhairi sleeps so much and is always on her back, can i put her on her side sometimes.

4. Wind, my motherin law ses you must wind them after every feed, i do not wind mhairi as never get any burps, she has big farts instead, shall i keep winding her after every booby, this wakes her up a bit ?

argh...so many quesiotns

oh yeah, prams - what bedding to i put on my pram to go out in this weather and what clothes shall she wear ?

help !
xx

new mum here, a regular in 1st and 3rd tri but now a mum I'm totally clueless, why did i not read about the 1st year instead of labour spotting symptoms eh?

ok
1. feeding, i feed mhairi every 3-4 hours but during the feed i change her nappy inbetween boobs, 15 left 15 right as i hate the thought of her feeding with a dirty nappy...she then drifts off and sleeps but it take 45 mins and keeps her awake the whole process. is this ok, is she getting enough? she is posseting it back up so i hoped this was a good thing

It sounds like she's getting enough and you would sure know if she wasn't! I'm presuming she's gaining weight? I stripped harry down to get him to feed and it worked well :)

2. noises - mharir makes noises all the time, little chirps and little cries and rush to them but they never materilise into big cries, is this ok

Yes totally normal, harry grumbles all the time.

3. lying on side, mhairi sleeps so much and is always on her back, can i put her on her side sometimes.

I'd say not, baby should always be layed flat (thats what I've been told)

4. Wind, my motherin law ses you must wind them after every feed, i do not wind mhairi as never get any burps, she has big farts instead, shall i keep winding her after every booby, this wakes her up a bit ?

I wind harry but not all babies need it. If she grumbles after feed and raises legs etc then you know she has wind. Sounds like you are doing fine

argh...so many quesiotns

oh yeah, prams - what bedding to i put on my pram to go out in this weather and what clothes shall she wear ?

I just cover harry with a little blanket, he's wearing sleeveless sleepsuits at the moment.

help !

you're lucky getting 3 or 4 hours inbetween! logan goes 2 hours during the day! i agree with midna, keep her on the one boob for as long as poss, she'll pull off and shout if she wants to swap. if she's going so long between feeds she must be getting plenty, she'd soon cry if she was hungry :D
i only change logie when he's pooey (which is about 3 times a day) or very wet. disposable nappies hold a lot. often i dont change him at all overnight! if i am going to change him i do it halfway through a feed when he's windy as often the change will help shift the wind. if he's asleep i leave him

logie chirps too, if he cries a bit in his sleep i leave him, he soon wakes up and yells if hewants me

they should sleep on their back, and spend some time on their tummy when awake (like in the baby gym) from a couple weeks old or so

you can normally tell if they've got wind, logie goes red and pulls faces. i wouldn't worry about it if mhairi's asleep

argh...so many quesiotns

the weather has been really changable up here recently, boiling hot one day, chilly and wet the next. logie normally wears a sleepsuit and cardi, with a blanket on him if its cold. im finding it hard knowing how to dress him too in this changable weather, james was a december baby so it was a lot easier!

its daunting when you first become a mum but you'll soon find your feet, trust your instincts :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i keep her on until she comes off herself and this time is usually 15 mins

argh , so is the 15min thing wrong

i was doing one boob per feed but they were getting unequal and engorged but she was seemingly happy

have a messed up my flow now do you think

worried
x

if she's coming off herself you're doing fine. sounds like you're doing a fantastic job so far, i wouldn't change anything as it sounds like its working :D

Just reading Jo Frost (suppernanny) Confident Baby Car Book and she recommends putting baby to sleep on back but does say you can slightly elevate baby if very refluxy.

To do this place a folded blanket underneath one side of baby to slightly elevate and raise on one side, so half sleeping on back and half on side.

thanks girls

il just go with my instict, she stayed on 1 boob tonight for 45 mins

what is that all about, can't understand how she sleeps so long, she doesn't get wind much, she doesn't seem to like having a wet nappy so i have been changing her way too much

i think a cardi, sleepsuit and fleecey blanket should be ok, i dont know tho

why do some people recommed babies being on their side, my friend did this to avoid her baby having a flat head
x

i think years ago it was common for babies to sleep on their front and side, but now they advise to keep them on their backs to reduce risk of cot desk.
they can get a flat head from lying on their back (james did) but it will normally even out as they get older. gettin them to play on their tums can help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back