• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Making the switch to cows milk

Urchin

Reaction score
Hiya girls.

I'm having some problems switching Brody over to cows milk :(

He's been having it in his breakfast for ages, so I just thought I'd start giving him for his afternoon bottle (only about 4 oz)

he just will not take it! He has 2 sucks and refuses to have any more, then when I offer formula will gulp the whole thing down.

I don't rememebr Mason being this fussy, has anyone got any tips as to how I can get him onto cows milk?

dont no hun?

Dior preferd cows milk.

are you giving it the same temp that you give formula?

Yeah, exaclty the same, still in the bottle and everything (well I tried a beaker but he didn't like it then either.)

i dont no what to say then?
would you be able to give 2oz formula 2oz cows o slowly get him used to it?
does he need to switch?
cant he have the carry on milk?

I didn't know whether you are supposed to mix the 2, I suppose I could try it.

I don't need to make the full switch yet, but thought I'd beter start getting him used to it now.

i was going to say the same as dionne - try mixing - i know others who have and cant see it would do any harm.

my neice was the same and she eventually took to it, just took time.

alex was like Dior - he prefers it - gulps it down greedy beggar!

funny how they can be so wilful at such a young age - alex went through a real thing about having his hair washed - even though he had had it done every day since he was tiny :roll: he got over it after a few weeks and is fine again now. they just like to show us that we cant order them about all the time :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dior loves cows milk. must be because of me i craved it so bad when preg and used to go through 9pints a day :shock:

dionne said:
Dior loves cows milk. must be because of me i craved it so bad when preg and used to go through 9pints a day :shock:

wow with all that calcium your bones must be as stong as steel :lol:

come to think of it i did drink a lot of milkshake for my heartburn :think: :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i would suggest mixing it with the formula that might help.
I never had problem with ewan he loves his milk, still drinks a couple of pints a day!!

My little sister was a nightmare to get off formula onto cows milk when she was his age, my mum just started with 1oz of cows milk added and over the days she increased that unitl there was no formula.

Now joanne demands cow's milk and shes 4 :lol:

urchin said:
Hiya girls.

I'm having some problems switching Brody over to cows milk :(

He's been having it in his breakfast for ages, so I just thought I'd start giving him for his afternoon bottle (only about 4 oz)

he just will not take it! He has 2 sucks and refuses to have any more, then when I offer formula will gulp the whole thing down.

I don't rememebr Mason being this fussy, has anyone got any tips as to how I can get him onto cows milk?

are you switching from breast to cows urchin or formula to cows?

if you're switching from breast to cows try breast to formula fisrst then onto full fat cows gradually.

It worked for me although none of mine were impressed at leaving the breast :lol: :lol:

hey all, just wanted to ask something if thats ok.

I want to switch Eva to cows milk now (is that alright? my friends are saying they did at 1yr) she loves it. so do you think it is ok if i just finish the tub of formula i'm using and ease her into cows milk completely? She loves it so I wont have a problem getting her to drink it. Just wanted to check if it's ok.

Thanks (and sorry for gatecrashing your thread Urchin!)

x

hannah wont have it either so hv said not to try her for a few months and try again then but i would rather her be on follow on milk anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back