Made My Drs Appointment

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
Ive made my Drs appointment to get it all confirmed.... couldn't get an appointment till a week Thursday like but still.... its booked!! was just wondering what will happen on this first appointment what do I need to take with me, if anything....

to be honest hun not alot will happen when i went for mine all i got was "congratulation" go make an appointment with the midwife, was in and out in 5 mins

same.

I saw the doctor and he made me an appointment with the midwife for my 'booking in' appt. I had that at 8 weeks and I first saw the doctor at around 5 weeks

He probably won't do another test which I found dead weird but it's bcause the home tests are just as accurate :hug:

Yeah remember to take a sample with u, i got a slap on the wrist when i forgot this time lol x :cheer:

I thought as much to be honest just didnt know if I needed to take anything... will they want a water sample to check or will they just take my word for it??? :lol:

I cant wait to tell my Dr cause I was just there not so long ago about my shocking periods and passing out when I was on them.... was telling him I was TTC and he said well the best thing I can tell you is to get pregnant!! hes been my family Dr since I was a teen and hes great!!

Thats another problem..Im still registered with my Dr's back home... I moved down with Lee in December... my Dr is 40 miles away and I dont wanna register with a Dr down here... I know im going to have to but thought I would get it all confirmed up there and possibly stay with them for first tri etc and then move to a Dr down here... I dont wanna leave my Dr :lol: sad aren't I :lol:

xjdx said:
Yeah remember to take a sample with u, i got a slap on the wrist when i forgot this time lol x :cheer:

:lol: yeah I was wondering that.... oh dont know if ive got anything to pee in :lol:

I didn't have to take anything with me. All they did was fill a form in and they sent it off to the midwife :D

:dance: :dance: :dance: nice to get it confirmed and get in the system :)

when i had mine confirmed at 7 weeks the doctor was horrid- i was all happy and expecting congrats and she said
"don't get ahead of yourself you are very early on and anything can happen- plus you must want to take time to
consider all of your options" my mum gave her the filthiest look! it wasn't the nicest start for me :-(

fran_23 said:
:dance: :dance: :dance: nice to get it confirmed and get in the system :)

when i had mine confirmed at 7 weeks the doctor was horrid- i was all happy and expecting congrats and she said
"don't get ahead of yourself you are very early on and anything can happen- plus you must want to take time to
consider all of your options" my mum gave her the filthiest look! it wasn't the nicest start for me :-(

eee thats shocking TUT idiots man!!!

oh yeah will I get any prescriptions for like iron or anything like that or am I staying in the sleepy zone :lol:

hiya, as id done 3 tests all the doctor did was say when was your LMP etc and any previous pregnancies,outcomes etc

She didnt bother doing another test just said congratulations and said she would post my details to the hospital. I had to contact the midwives myself to make my own appointment for 7 weeks, cos they like to see you before the sickle cell thalassaemia test at 8-10wks. Then i got a letter from hospital inviting me to ring them to book an appointment and 12 week scan at a time and day which suited me :D . I dont think you will get iron tablets hun unless you are definitely anaemic which they will do when your further on, ive bought myself some pro-natal tabs with folic acid in and multivitamins etcetc so at least i know im getting all the good stuff if i dont feel like eating much.

Hope this helps :hug: :hug: xx

mary70 said:
to be honest hun not alot will happen when i went for mine all i got was "congratulation" go make an appointment with the midwife, was in and out in 5 mins

Same for me! No samples or tests done, just given my midwife's number and told to arrange an appointment with her.

It was a bit of an anti-climax tbh!

thanks girls.... guess I will just sleep as much as I need then :lol: my sister is coming down tomorrow and we were meant to be going shopping but I dont think I can manage a full shopping day cause im that :sleep: tired :lol:

That's exciitng that your dr's appointment is all booked; although like the others said not much happens.
It's great to get that ball rolling though.

Take care and I know how you feel about the tiredness :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back