M&P Cotbed *edited* to add some other things to review list

moss

Reaction score
I had chosen a really nice, reasonably priced cotbed from John Lewis, and I have a wishlist online of the things I want, but my mother-in-law has now asked if we would be willing to order from Littlewoods. She has given us a nice budget- £300, but I find Littlewoods expensive, plus I'm confused because it obviously has different things than what I had chosen. Anyway, I am going to do it, and it would be a great help to order the cotbed from there despite it not being the one I chose. The problem is, it doesn't give any information about it. Does anyone have this?

http://www.littlewoodsdirect.com/rf/lxd ... Order=desc

If it isn't great I will just get £300 worth of random things. I'm getting John Lewis vouchers from relatives, so it's okay if I don't get this one... It will just be a bit slower, I guess. Personally I find Mamas and Papas stuff pretty expensive, but maybe this is worth it?

Also, there is a Lindam baby talk monitor for £30. Does anyone know anything about this? I need a monitor, but only for occasional use so don't want an expensive, bells and whistles one. I just noticed they also have the Fisher Price Rainforest take-along swing, which is on our wishlist and would love feedback about that if anyone knows anything?

Would it be silly of us to use this £300 on things like this, or does it make sense? I'm getting stressed having to spend someone else's money like this!

Thanks, yes, that's the reason. Don't get me wrong- I am very grateful! It's just that I think things are pretty expensive in there so I'm having a hard time figuring out what to choose, knowing I could get (for example) 4 blankets and 2 sheets for a lot less than £60 somewhere else. If I choose random items, like a bath, some toys, a baby monitor, some clothes and the swing we like, I only spend about £120! I don't want to blow £300 for the sake of it, but I want it to go far! I guess I'm not good at spending money. :p

We've got a M&P cot bed and it's a nice sturdy bed - plus - it should last until they're about 4 so I'd say quite good value. Fortunately for us, my cousin gave us their "old" one that his daughter had outgrown.
We got a BT digital monitor - I'd suggest getting a digital one rather than analogue because you don't get the interferance that you get if the parent and baby monitors are too close together.
Something I wish I had known about from the start is the baby hoodie! I bought countless snowsuits (Finn was a November baby) but they're a real faff to get on and my friend gave me http://www.morrck.com/hoodie.php?osCsid ... 7174753e07 which was a godsend! It goes into car seat / pushchair and just wraps around rather than the fuss of getting them in to a snowsuit. I'd def invest in one for the winter!
£300 goes very quickly though :hug:

By the way, the Rainforest Swing was VERY handy, 1st for comforting him, then for keeping him confined while I did stuff and then for feeding! He;s just outgrown it (see my pics in the pics section!) and could lean forward and touch the floor!!!

I was house bound by the end of my pregnancy so my cot shopping was done by sending my mum to shops, talking to her on the phone to check what I wanted to know and her taking photos and videos :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

From that I can tell you that Mamas and Papas cots were a lot sturdier than John Lewis ones. They don't really have any shoogle to them, they are solid, unlike most other makes that I got mum to play with.

I've got all Mamas and Papas furniture for my son and have to say it's extremely good quality.

Much sturdier than anything else I saw whilst looking around.

I needed a new chest of drawers for baby no.2 and had a good look around, price wise many places were comparable to M&P but no where near the same quality.

It will last you a long time, worth paying the extra in the first place I think.

i think you could easily spend £300 :oops: , deffo get the rainforest swing you wont want to be without one if your bubba has colic ! you could also maybe get your highchair and put it away ? they do the chicco polly which is mega popular and would kill a £100 without wasting . they do activity stations too like graco fun rock , this is great from about 4 months and could be a treat if your not paying ? there thats nearly £300 gone already , top the rest up with toys / monitors etc

I have a M&P cotbed for my LO. It's a good, sturdy thing but I do have to admit I think M&P stuff is overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back