Louise B - ?

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hi Louise,

hope you don't mind me asking this but i'm pretty sure it was u who had reffered to this before.

have you previously mentioned a hospital in london that you can pay about £140 for basic tests? i can't remember where you said and i'm considering getting it done?

thanks
xx

I can't remember if it was me for sure - if i referred to a London hospital it must have been a google search for someone else as i'm in the Midlands :)

I didn't pay for my bloods etc and never had any intention of paying for them :eh:

Plus the number £140 doesn't ring a bell - and sounds pretty cheap too.

What kind of tests do you mean specifically and what area and i'll have a look ;)

Oh, just read your other post in ttc - i'll have a scan for near London.

oh (?) i thought you had as i remember reading it on here and then looking, must have been someone else. just the tests they do for pcos, i think it included an ultrasound - i may be wrong!! £140 does sound cheap doesn't it lol!

hmmm! sorry about that!!

hope you are well!? xx

OK, well for Oxford:
Bloodworks - £40 to £210 (so maybe £140 wasn't that far out really :))

Initial Consultation - £150 (not totally necessary, but GPs aren't fertility experts)

Prices can almost double the closer to London you get.

When you go to your GP, only mention you will go private right at the very end if it is a 100% no for diagnostics. Then you can ask him which clinics you could go to privately and then find out more about the prices.

Iv just found our bupa info and it says it will pay for infertility tests but not treatment so on Friday I will say that I'm covered by bupa so tests won't cost the nhs anything then once I get the results u can take them back to the nhs and see of they will pick it up from there? Also should be seen quicker with bupa!

Thanks for checking that out for me Louise! Il go back to that if I need to :)

Xxxx

Hey Hun

I emailed a speciaist based in Kent enquiring about prices for treatment of PCOS, below is what he sent me back, may give you an idea on what to expect cost wise ....

To give you an idea of costs, an initial consultation is £160.00. The only other blood tests that you could do with are FSH + LH (best done in the 1st few days of your period (cost about £120). When you start clomiphene it will be necessary to do a blood test to check your progesterone level on day 21 of the cycle (cost about £40). I usually suggest that ladies email me once they have had this blood done so I can email them back with the result and any change in the dose of clomiphene needed. Once a dose of clomiphene is reached, no further blood tests are required but it is then wise to check the fallopian tubes (HSG an x-ray test cost £300).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back