loss of appetite post natal?

sarafet

Reaction score
ever since i've given birth i've totally lost my appetite :(

there's just nothing i fancy eating so what i do eat, i only eat because i know i need to.. the thing is, i LOVE food, it's one of my favourite things :lol: OH even took me for an Indian the other day, but i hardly ate anything :wall:

just wondering if anyone else experienced this and when your appetite came back?

i am still eating an adequate amount, just not enjoying it or able to finish it :(

I was like that for 2-3 weeks. I just had no energy or interest in eating anything! I always said the 1st thing i'm doing after birth was eating the stuff i was banned from, like peanuts and runny eggs, but i just didn't care. Lack of sleep and the constant looking after baby just drained me too much to wanna make anything. Within a month it came back. Now i eat as much now as i did when i was heavily pregnant!

i was like that with my first i could'nt eat at all for 3 weeks and ended up in hospital because i was anemic. it took a while for my appetite to come back i just got told to eat little and often

I had similar the first few weeks. Mine was more due to pain/tiredness and other issues. I just lost my appetite totally. And forgot to eat.

It got better around 3 weeks iirc.

thanks girls, you all seem to have had the same due to tiredness/pain but i'm in no pain and not tired at all, we're sleeping really well at the moment :|

i just hope it comes back at some point, it's probs just hormones. (they are the cause of most things :lol:)

I had this at first due to being aneamic, I had to force myself to eat but it improved after about 3-4weeks :)

Yep, I had this too. Just couldn't be bothered to eat and had no motivation to do so. OH kept making me stuff and I'd eat a few mouthfuls and leave the rest...

Appetite came back after a month or so...

for the first 5 days i ate nothing except fruit coz i really really didnt want to give my guits any ammunition :lol: i was so scared of my first poo haha.

even after that tho i still ate very little really as i was so engrossed in my new baby i wasnt interested in anything i normally am! i just stayed on the bed or on the sofa with her all day and was happy!

i think my appetite returned after about 3 weeks. x

trixipaws said:
for the first 5 days i ate nothing except fruit coz i really really didnt want to give my guits any ammunition :lol: i was so scared of my first poo haha.

:rotfl:

happy chick - i had a big blood loss and was already anaemic before hand, my haemoglobin levels are now at 8.1.. it could possibly be this? :think:

i had some chocolate today and quite enjoyed it :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back