Loss of appetite but hungry!?

sarahbuchanan

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if they experienced of experiencing a loss of appetite but still feel hungry during their first trimester?

I am 6 weeks pregnant and finding this feeling really wierd! Any advice? When I think about dinner for example I feel a bit quesy and have to eat the meal quite slowly, but it is a nightmare thinking what to cook for lunch or dinner as I just don't fancy anything!

I am eating but I feel I am not enjoying it as much as previously.

Thanks!

Sarah x

Hi,

I don't know much about all of this either because it's my first but I'm feeling so incredibly hungry by the middle of the afternoon at work that I almost feel sick. Over the weekend I solved this by eating bananas and (ahem) the occasional ginger biscuit (I think I managed to convince my husband they were medicinal and good for pregnant ladies!) and this helped. Not sure what to do tomorrow when I'm back at work as they don't know. I might buy some extra bananas and have them at tea breaks though. When I do eat though it's such a relief for about 3 minutes but then I don't seem to want to eat a large amount- just small amounts often.

So- different to you but kind of similar- I don't know but I reckon it's probably just the same whatever that causes morning sickness. Everyone is different apparently :)

I know how you feel. I was extremely nauseous all day long from weeks 6 to about 12. The thought and sight of food made me sick. If I ever craved something then I had to have it right then and there! Because a couple of hours later, I wouldn't want it. Gosh it was a nightmare! But that's all over and now I feel pretty darn good, aside from the aches I get from my growing belly! It'll all be worth it though when I hold my baby girl! :D

Thanks guys,

It is nice to know that other people are experiencing similar things, becasue all I seem to hear is people wanting to eat eat eat! instead I am the opposite!

Sarah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back