• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looks like Thomas' cleft op is being delayed :(

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
Arron rang the hospital yesterday as we were told that we should get a letter by christmas inviting us for a tour around the childrens ward, well we havent recived a letter so he rang them and was told they have a backlog of operations and so his could be pushed back to March now instead of Feb :(
im really upset about this as he is starting to suffer with it now, he is eating fine apart from today he got a whole chip stuck in the hole and we had to pin him down and use tweesers to get it back out and because it was on his gag reflex muscle thing he was chocking :(
its his speech i am really worried about as he cant make sounds due to having no roof of his mouth i no hes trying to copy things but he just cant do it and im worried with the op being put back another month it will take longer for him to get the speech therephy he is going to need.
i am hoping once ive had this scan and no baby is ok they might try and get him in for the op in feb again due to me being pregnant and having to stay there for 4 days with him.
Just hope he doesnt have anymore problems with food getting stuck as the hole is widening
xx

oh hun, that must be so stressfull! is there no way you can get it moved sooner? if not, i know Feb will come around before you know it! :hug:

that is so annoying :( hope your new appointment comes through really soon and they stop messing you about

awww babe hope it gets sorted soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

whats your avatar ??

thanks girls,
im affraid there is no way of getting it brought forward unless there is a serious problem with it like repet colds or infections and hes only had a cold once hes like me doesnt really get ill, :hug: :hug:
its my newest tattoo for Thomas which i now cant get finished till ive had this baby and will have to get another one done for his baby haha
:hug:
xx

Poor little mite, what a joke this NHS is sometimes. Just make sure when he does get a cold or gets ill you make a fuss, hopefully if you fuss enough they bring the op back to feb :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back