Lightweight buggy for holiday + how to deal with time zones?

Lisamj

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a lightweight, compact yet reliable stroller for a holiday? Sam would probably have his naps in it during the day and early evening, so it needs to be comfy enough.

Also,where we are going it is 5 hours behind us, can anyone advise how to go about dealing with the time zone change as far as naps, feeds etc goes?

Thanks!

Lisa

We bought the McLaren Volvo, smallest/lightest they do for our first holiday, but it doesn't recline and we found that to be a pest when going out during nap time or what ever. Second holiday we bought the McLaren Triumph which does recline. Much better and still lightweight and very sturdy/reliable (IMO).

With the time zones you do find they just adjust....like when we go it's like having a late night etc, they are pretty much the same, a day or two and they are on the new time fine (we'll we've found anyway and done it several times to zones up to 8 hours behind us). Plus they do nap on the plane a fair bit. We've always just found LO manages I suppose, few extra naps perhaps but we didn't let him sleep 'too long' so he'd still want to go back to sleep when needed at bedtime etc.

Hope that helps, it's only our own experience with travel....are you off to the Caribbean by chance?

The maclaren quest is great. It relinces almost flat and is a brilliant 2nd buggy. Rudy has most of his daytime naps in his when we are home. Its what we will be taking on holidays. Whenever I go to the pram shop because I fancy a change the shop assistants always talk me out of it and tell me to stick with the maclaren because they are such brilliant quality and do their job so well.

x

Thanks ladies! Will check out the Maclarens now. Yes, off to the Caribbean, have been to a few islands before and vowed not the let children be the end of long haul holidays, so this is our first one - so we'll see if we changed our mind lol!

Lisa xx

If your just getting it for you hols then why dont you look in mothercare?
I hate that one but the pink version for my daughter Lucy and it was great for hols! :D

i have just bought the petite star zia, its rly lightweight, very comfy lies back and folds up TINY its awsome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back