Legal Age

Yvonne

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the legal age is for a boy and a girl to stop sharing a room?

Last time i heard it was quite high and i was shocked as kids know alot more at a younger age these days.

i think its 14 but dont quote me on it the reason i say it is the fact i got a council place form the other day and it says that u can have a 2 bed council place if u have a girl n boy till one reaches 14

Hi

Wow thats really late ain it :shock: i wouls of thought like 10 at the oldest now adays
Katrina

Well i was thinking and i would be really jubious to put Amy and Jack together from 8 onwards.

They need to start learnig to sleep on their own, imagine splitting them up at 14 and them being scared of being on their own! :shock:

Hi

Wow i canmt beleive the wide rangeof answers on here we all think its different? what is it
Katrina

*saulino* said:
Hi

Wow i canmt beleive the wide rangeof answers on here we all think its different? what is it
Katrina

Uhmmm.... Is there a legal age, if so, why, and what would the consequences be if that "law" was broken? :think:

It seems a wee bit silly to me!!
*NEWSPAPER HEADLINE*... " Small house earns parents jail sentence" :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oops... getting carried away... Yvonne, you've got me thinking... surely there's not a law for this? :shock:

Emilia xx

when a child turns 11 they are entitled to their own room if mixed sexes sharing.

we have a small 2 bed place with 3 boys. we are on the waiting list for a 3 bed but theres an 8 year wait for the area we want.

I think it's 7 in my area if you want council housing. If you have one of each and one is 7 you are entitled to a 3 bed instead of a 2. That's if you get housed at all.

Strangeness said:
I think it's 7 in my area if you want council housing. If you have one of each and one is 7 you are entitled to a 3 bed instead of a 2. That's if you get housed at all.

Ok... I get it now! So this law only applies to when one applies for council housing? That makes better sense. Phew!! :cheer:

Emilia xx

emilia said:
Strangeness said:

Ok... I get it now! So this law only applies to when one applies for council housing? That makes better sense. Phew!! :cheer:

Emilia xx
Yeah I'm pretty sure it only applies to people wanting to be housed by the council. Obviously if you own your own home they can't make you buy a bigger house if two children are sharing cos it's just not possible if you don't have the money. :lol:

huh ? so wen seras 7/8/10/12/14 whichever it is i can get a new house? lol kwl
luv b x ps sarah where you moving to??? come n live with me :D:D

Well i live in a 2 bed Housing association house and obviousy Amy and Jack ar sharing a bedroom.
Do they automatically upgrade you when its time or do you have to apply?

I thought it was about 6-7! 11 is a bit extreme i think,

What if Amy wants to bring friends home from school and she can't because Jacks in bed? they get to the social age at about 7.

STUPID.. if you have children of both sexes you should be given a 3 bedroomed house aoutomatically.

There...... thats my 2 pence worth

you probably did use to get adequate size houses but what with the right to buy all the houses were bought leaving not a lot of council properties.

Hey there yvonne i got this of a website i was reading dont know weither it helps? :?

Children age 5 or under can share a bedroom with the opposite gender;

I've always thought I was 7, but I wouldn't make Damien share if I had a little girl, I'd just have to pay more for rent privately. I HATED sharing with my brother, I can distinctly remember, and I was only 4 then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back