• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leg Pains

babyroo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Hope you are all keeping well, just wanted some advice really. I posted a couple of weeks ago about my groin/thigh pains , I've still got these but now when I'm in bed trying to go to sleep I'm getting pain all the way down both legs. I'm really finding it hard to get comfy in bed at the mo, I keep rolling onto my back which is the most comfortable position for me but keep worrying because I know you are'nt supposed to do it,I am propping myself up with 3 pillows though. But even when I am on my back for just a little bit my arms and legs go to sleep and are horrible. Just finding it really hard because I feel so tired from not getting enough sleep. Has anyone got any idea's of new sleeping positions I can try?

It sounds like trapped nerves, have toy tried sleeping on your front??!

Sound difficult Iknow, but my mum slept on her front all through one of her pregnancys, you'll need lots of pillows though!

Hiya. I had terrible pains during 1st preg and a friend has advised that i try lying in a "recovery position". Sounds a bit weird but it means that the pressure is off your legs and you can support bump with pillow. If you have one leg out straight and the other bent up as you are facing the mattress (not actually lying on your bump) this may help. My legs have just started hurting again and i think i'm going to give it a try. xxx

Anna B said:
It sounds like trapped nerves,

Hmmm, I never thought of that before, I was in a car crash a few years ago and my main problems were with my neck and shoulder, I finished physio for this last october, but I wonder if It has made my back a bit more prone to things. Will ask my midwife when I see her in a couple of weeks. :think:

I found it a problem trying to sleep on my side too. I tried using a number of pillows for support, but they kept shifting during the night. I then bought myself a Dream Genii support pillow from the NCT, and it's been a great help. It helps supports my bump, doesn't fall off the bed, and keeps me on my side when I sleep.
http://www.nctsales.co.uk/prodshow.asp? ... parent=308

I've got a Cushtie / Squishee (there's several names for them..) and I had it for when my back hurt a lot before I found it uncomfortable to sleep. (The cylinder shaped one is best, though I also have a hippo one!!!)

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=f ... ct&pid=969 <there's a link but you can get them in some Debanhams, some shopping centres have stalls of them, and there are loads brand new on ebay.

I either lie on it with the bump on it on my side (can't sleep other than on my side), or I lie on my back, but with it supporting my back on one side so I'm sorta half on my back but not.. sorry if that makes no sense.

I don't know what I'd do without it, it helps me sleep, helps me get comfy on the sofa (put it at the bottom of my back), and helps me at work cos my chair is otherwise really uncomfortable! Even though I bought it for my back pain in pregnancy, it's really versatile and I know it'd always be useful for something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back