Leg cramp

Emma58

Reaction score
Early hours of Sunday morning I woke up with cramp in my calf. I've not had any more cramp since but my leg is still achy and sore from where i got the cramp. It was OK during the day yesterday after I had walked around on it but this morning I can feel it is still sore.
Can it take a while for the muscle to get back to normal?

Ohh yes i get it usually in the middle of the night.

I guess i'm just panicking because my calf still hurts and is painful to touch, it feels bruised. I wasn't sure if the pain from the cramp should have subsided by now.

Don't panic Emma - think this is really common.

I get it probably every other night and I wake up at about 4am screaming obscenities and my husband gets really annoyed. Like you, it's still painful to walk on for a couple of days but I got it checked out at the doctor and it's just cramp and nothing to worry about.

Apparently it's because pregnant women process lactose differently (and this affects the muscles) - so it's either to do with too much dairy produce or not enough. In my case, if I eat cheese as part of my evening meal I tend to get it in the night...

I think you can gather what i am panicking about.
It's still hurting now but I have a doctors appointment in an hour anyway so will mention it then amongst other things. There's no swelling or redness so i think it probably is cramp that has strained a muscle or something.

debecca said:
In my case, if I eat cheese as part of my evening meal I tend to get it in the night...

I eat lots of cheese! :oops: And come to think of it on Saturday I had quite a bit. That could explain why early hours of Sun morning i had cramp.

drink tonic water if you can take it with the gin :rotfl: as its got a natural ingredient to stop night cramps, it works i promise

I've just been and bought some tonic water.

I'm going to have some at bedtime and pretend it's a Gin and Tonic!

Had a word with my GP he said it was just cramp and the pain in your leg can last a few days if the cramp has been severe.

It still hurts!!! I really expected to get up this morning and it be gone.

Can you pull a muscle with leg cramp because that is what it feels like??
My god i never knew the pain after a cramp could last this long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back