Leaking water... UPDATED MY NEPHEW IS HERE!!!

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Hey girls my sister just txt me she thinks her waters are leaking she is 40+9... how can she tell for sure? She doesn't wanna call hosp til she is sure as the last time she done that (with her first-11days overdue-this is her second) they said it was just pee leaking n obv that's embarrassing..
She's put a pad on and it's not a constant flow.. Mine wasnt either.. Feels Kinda like having a show but clear watery not snotty (tmi)
Any suggestions????

Update: 12:30pm
Took her to hospital last night at 9:30 to be checked, they monitored her contractions and baby's heartbeat.. All ok mild contractions.. Was checked and confirmed waters broke at 4pm earlier in the day so she was due to return to be monitored and checked 24hrs later.. Took her home at 12am.. She called my mum at 5am to come and take her to hospital coz as soon as she got home contractions were stronger and more regular.. Soon as she got in mums car it stopped lol so went to tesco at 6am to get a new tens machine as hers broke :( totally useless so after I took the kids to school I went on a tens hunt!! Boots recalled all the tens machines and had no new ones delivered.. Argos had a weedy pain relief one which wouldn't have helped, so at 10:30am we took her to the hospital.
Strong contractions with pressure so was checked at 11:30 am and 4-5cm!! She's on gas and air now and doing really well :D
I had to get Ellie at 12 so had to leave her with my mum.. Didn't wanna leave tbh :(
Head is in a great position mw said and he is defo NOT back to back which is fantastic as Jamie was and needed to be cut, suction cup and forceps :( traumatic for them both so hopefully this means she will do fine this time!!
Have to pick Jaycee up at 3:20 and drop them to my mums with my stepdad.. It's an hour there n back so I should get to her for about 5-5:30.... I hope I'm not too late to see my nephew being born!!!

Update: 12:46
Mum just text me saying mw has told Craig to be there for about 2:30pm just in case it's time to push :( I think I'm defo gonna miss it :( but great she won't be in pain too long!!

Update: 10:02pm He's here!!
I made it back to the hospital around 3-4 and she was in the pool with gas and air, they checked her at 4:30 and she was 8-9cm! Too late for any drugs and she wasn't happy about it!!
5:17pm the head was out but his shoulders were stuck...
5:23pm he was born!!!
He was floppy and cold so they gave him oxygen and he perked up!!
8lb 7oz!!! Head was 36cm mw said as big as it gets!! She done so well will post a pic on page 2 :D

Last edited:
I was told to wear and pad and you should deffo be able to tell from the smell?? sorry cant be much help xx

their is not meant to be a smell to the waters x

Thats what I meant lol...there is a smell to wee but not to waters so you should be able to tell the difference...thats what I was told to do when my waters went! x

its very confusing lol its very annoying when u get to this stage, i think its just best to be checked over really x

It's annoying for her coz she's just got back from a mw appointment n booked for induction on fri... Noone has even offered her any sweeps!
She was having alot of pains on Sunday so she may have dialated 2cm or something and they haven't even checked her :(

prob leaking her water then hun, spermy yuck ewww no way

I know it's gross lol!! The joys of pregnancy lol!! She's gonna wait a while til her LO is in bed then decide what to do.. Maybe if she goes in and her waters haven't broken they may give her a sweep while she's there!

Hopefully her waters have gone and she's on her way.. If they haven't they'll probably just send her home :(

I hope tonight's the night!! I'm her birthing partner (providing times are ok with school runs etc) and gonna be transferring to her hospital so it would be great to see how it goes as I had the girls in my current hosp.. Plus I'll get to see my nephew being born!!! :cheer:

wow all the best to her, kept me on the edge of me seat!! xx

Another update.. Mum said they've asked Craig (her oh) to be there at 2:30pm just in case.. Think I'm gonna miss it :(
At least she won't be in labour long though that's the main thing!

Good luck to your sis, hope you get there in time for her x

Thank you! I've asked her to cross her legs for a bit but I don't think it went down too well lmao!!

good luck to your sister and i hope she manages to keep her legs crossed x x x

Awww how exciting! Hope you don't miss it!!!

xx

Tommy!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315429668.773671.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315429668.773671.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members