• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

leaking constantly is this normal?

fernie3

Reaction score
Hi and sorry in advance for the question!
I am 27 weeks pregnant last night i noticed that i had a large wet patch in my underwear, i know that leaking urine can be normal in pregnancy so i just thought that must be it and changed my underwear.

Ten or fifteen minutes later the new pair was also wet (soaked through not just damp). I went to lie down on the bed and thought that if it was my waters it would leak more noticably if i wasnt wearing underwear - when i stood up i felt "damp" but there was nothing trickling out etc. :oops:

So i thought it must be the fact that i am coming into the last few months and that this is my second child just making me pee lol. BUT then the same exact thing happened when i put a new pair on.

the fluid is clear and i dont feel it coming out (i.e its not when i cough or sneeze etc - just randomly).

the same thing is happening this morning i have wet marks on underwear (the marks are as big as half of the whole crotch area) but nothing trickles out??.

If i was leaking amniotic fluid is it possible for it to be a very slow trickle that just doesnt show up if there is nothing to "catch" it??

Or has my bladder just given up totally on me??

I am thinking of calling the hospital but all the information i have heard says that if it is am amniotic fluid leak it would be constant and would trickle down my leg if i stood up?

i dont know what to do!!

hugs and thanks!

hello there.

you need to phone labour suite and ask for some advice. Its not normal to leak like that and if you are leaking amniotic fluid then you will have to be seen and sorted out.
Don't panic. But DO phone.

Please let me know how you get on. You may need to take an over night bag if they ask you to go in so be prepared.

:hug: hope all is well.

i agree with budge hun, i would ring and get some advice :hug:

let us know how u get on hun

I agree, I'd ring your midwife especially if your worried.

Hope your ok. let us know how you get on. :hug:

Did you ring your midwife? how is everything? hope you and baby are ok??

xx

I hope all is ok and you have gone to the hospital :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back