Laparoscopy- please help

Nic123

Reaction score
Hi all, please can someone help me. I am due a lap in 2 weeks for endo removal, has anyone had this as I am so scared about it. Is this minor or major surgery? I feel like I am going completely insane as I haven't got children and feel like my world is crashing down around me all this alongside debilitating abdominal pain which has got me signed off work so all I can do is sit and worry. Any responses would be greatly appreciated even if it is just someone that understands how I feel as I feel so alone right now xxx

My cousin had this done and fell pregnant the first cycle after, she said compared to the endo pain it wasn't too bad she just needed some prescription pain relief for a few days, and I think she might have bled a fair bit after. They should give you information when you are there or at least a leaflet to read through, they are not meeting their own legislation if they don't ensure you have informed consent which means enough information to make a decision about a treatment/surgery. Can you ring the secretary of the department and ask them to send you more info? Good luck Hun xx

Hey,

I had this done in January, had two weeks off work to recover before going back, but some people say they only needed a few days. I think the worse thing was the fear of getting it done! the op is pretty straight forward, sounds terrible when you google it but your basically put to sleep and you wake up and it's all been done, so nothing to worry about! The best advice I was given was to buy some nighties to wear or loose dresses as the incision scars will be around your waist band area.. and rest! I also cooked dinners for a week and froze them so I didn't have to cook which I'm soo glad I did! (my Dh isn't that great in the kitchen!) I'd buy some waterproof plasters (1inch diameter) that don't have high adhesive stick on so you can shower and change as required, they only gave me a few at the hospital so ask for more if you can :) hope everything goes well and if you have any questions please feel free to pm me xx

I had a lap for endo removal. It is considered minor surgery. I did find it quite painful after but worth it as I haven't had the debilitating period pain since (3 years ago now). I only took a week off work which I think was the problem, needed longer.
Stock up on pain relief and make sure you get plenty of rest after xx

Not had it but just wanted to say I know how you're feeling xxx

Thank you ladies, the hospital have given me info and I have used Google but I think that's sometimes worse to do that as scared myself Haha. I thought it was best to speak to people that had been through it, I know it varies from person to person but what's been said on here has definitely made me feel a bit better about it than Google did lol. Thank you for the tip on nightgowns as I was just going to get some tracksuits 🙈 and that's great news about your cousin broody2013 I would absolutely love that to happen but at the moment I would settle for pain free. I have found with this being imminent it has opened up all the feelings of ttc again though, I had kind of accepted it wasn't going to happen and I'm now an emotional wreck again lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back