• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laminate flooring and LOs

Lulabell

Reaction score
We have moved to a new flat at beginning of June and the whole place has laminate flooring. I'm now worried about when he starts to crawl and then eventually walk. If he falls, it's going to hurt more then if it was on carpet surely? Any suggestions? It's rented so no chance of getting carpet laid sadly. I have a huge play mat for him which I've then put carpet off cut underneath so it's alot more softer. I've got a rug for his room. Just wondered if anyone else has had this?xx

We have laminate and tiles downstairs and chose this when we were decorating for practicality. We have a rug in the lounge but that's it! I have seen something called 'crawlers' from jojomamanbebe, basically knee and elbow pads for LO's. They don't look too bulky and i think they're £6 so was gonna c how LO goes but if he's getting hurt was gonna get these to try xxx

Laminate flooring is soooooo much fun with a crawling baby! Just hold on to his trousers and he'll crawl like ad and not go anywhere :D

Laminate flooring isn't as hard as concrete or tiled floors, and with carpet you'd still have the risk of carpet burns etc so I wouldn't worry too much. Both have positive and negative factors!

Friend of mine has a crawler with a laminate floor. Of anything it seems to be easier for him to get around on. Also has the plus point that he polishes the floor as he goes :D

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

We have laminate floor and Jack's been fine. He was super fast in his walker when he was younger and now he loves whizzing his cars across the room! He's had a couple of bumps and apart from the noise we've only had minor red marks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back