Ladies i'm scared...! :o(

sarahk

Reaction score
Ive been told I have Obstetric Cholestasis - the hospital is looking after me and i'm spending most of my time up at the hospital.

I was in yesterday and had a blood test, but my blood levels have doubled again in only 4 days. I'm seeing the consultant again on Monday, but i'm starting to get a bit concerned.

Been reading up about it and its quite frightening to think I could be poisening my baby. Cant help thinking its better out than in, but i'm sure the doctors will advise..!

I'm so scared, cant think of anything else right now. Its hard to work. Baby hasnt been as active as it usually is for the past 2 weeks, the nurses told me everything is ok with heartbeat, but I cant help worrying.

I don't know very much about OC, but I'm sure it's only really dangerous if it's not diagnosed. Now you know you have it, it can be controlled.
You're also not far from term now so it wouldn't be a huge problem if they had to deliver baby early :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Aww bless you, of course you must be feeling scared. It is good they have caught it though and they are going to look after you, you are in safe hands. One or two people on the forum have had similar experiences and they may be able to reassure you a little more, but I really hope it all works out. Look after yourself. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

they will look after you hun :hug: :hug: If your levels get too high they will more than likely induce you anyway as you are 34 weeks and baby should be absolutely fine xx

I was ok until the midwife called me again with results. Its up in the hundreds now and last week it was 76!!! Its just all happened really quickly.

I'm back in on Monday, Dont know if I will be admitted or not??!!! x

:hug: :hug: At least it can be controlled now :hug:

I had my baby at 35 weeks (not due to OC though) and he was fine when born so if your baby does need to be delivered early then he should be fine :)

Oh no!!! I'm not surprised you are worried.
At least they can keep an eye on you now they know and hopefully help you out.
Hope thimngs improve soon chick-keep us all posted.xxxx
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think G3M had something similar (Hellp syndrome?) she had her baby at 34 weeks and as far as I know, all was well. You are being looked after by the right people, but your concern is understandable. A weekend feels like an eternity when you are worried. My advice would be to go to your local maternity unit if you feel anxious, weepy or are concerned about baby's movements- the midwives will completely understand and will monitor your baby to put your mind at rest. I hope things go ok for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

just wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug:

and if you are worried about your wee ones movements, phone your hospital up straight away hun :hug: they'll understand :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back