• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladies I need your help- dinner party menu

Annie050408

Reaction score
Ok am having friends over for dinner and I am cooking the jamie o 30 min meal Thai green chicken curry and then just ice cream with cinnamon sauce for desert.

What starter will go with that? I don't want to do soup and need something relatively easy. I think perhaps a portabello mushroom with something stuffed in it or something? Any ideas?

do you/they like fish? I oftne do smoked mackerel pate it's so easy to do and you can do berforehand and serve with french toast

good luck!

I'm awful at these things but I like egg mayo :)

Thanks ladies- I spent last night trawling cook books and have settled on portabello mushroom on a bed of rocket drizzled with balsamic vinegar on ciabatta topped with pesto, mozerella and pine nuts. Hope it works!!!

Wow Annie! I seriously need to learn to cook! That's amazing, all I do is things like soup for starter, roast for main then ice cream for pudding! How boring! Lol

Sounds delish, I wish I didn't think mushrooms were the food of the devli :twisted: lol

Thanks ladies- I spent last night trawling cook books and have settled on portabello mushroom on a bed of rocket drizzled with balsamic vinegar on ciabatta topped with pesto, mozerella and pine nuts. Hope it works!!!

WOW im impressed. sounds très posh... can u come and cook for me please!

Thought I'd report back post party:

The starter was fab- I did portabello mushroom topped with pesto and mozerella with rocket drizzled in balsamic vinegar and a chargrilled slice of ciabatta. Was yummy!

Then we had Thai green curry from jamie's 30 min meals and icecream with homemade butterscotch sauce- yummmmmm :)

Was pretty proud of my efforts as I've not always been much of a cook - I've just used my maternity leave to learn how!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back